Question: in january I had a urinary tract infection which I took an antibiotic for one week. I took another urine test which came back improved but not gone all the way. The following week I had an upper respiratory infection again an antibiotic. The following week 10 days of explosive diarrhea after which I have a pain in my upper right side right below my ribs. I still have the urinary tract infection and sore throat and either loose stools or diarrhea. My doctor had me do a urine culture and I had a ct scan yesterday because of all the things going on. Also she had me do a stool sample. I am not taking any medication at this time. 2 days ago I started a low grade fever 99.3 to 100.3, not real high but enough to make me feel sick. Also I am slightly sick to my stomach with no vomiting. I don't have the results from the tests yet.

Could it be a virus making me feel this way for a month and a half and why doesn't it seem to be going away. Could it be the urinary tract infection? I won't probably have the results until next week.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 12th, 2006
Experienced User
It's great that you've been to the doctor and have had the tests done. I rarely use medicine except for extreme pain...Not anti medicine I just believe the more we use say antibiotics the less effective they become. And even the experts are saying that the viruses are getting stronger and seems every time someone gets sick it takes longer to get rid of it. Another thing you may not realize about antibiotics is that although they are good for getting rid of the "bad" bacteria they also wipe out the "good" bacteria we need to maintain health. To bring your body up to par invest in some probiotics like lactobacillus sporogenes....Look for it in the refrigerated section of a good health food store. Take a multivitamin(i even overdose with the stuff when i'm sick as they are safe for short periods of time). Stay away from the sweets totally until your well as sugar suppresses the immune system. Get well and don't worry...In most cases the simplest explanation is the most likely one.....Ie virus. :)
|

replied April 26th, 2006
Re: Urinary Tract Or Something Else?
towie wrote:
question: in january I had a urinary tract infection which I took an antibiotic for one week. I took another urine test which came back improved but not gone all the way. The following week I had an upper respiratory infection again an antibiotic. The following week 10 days of explosive diarrhea after which I have a pain in my upper right side right below my ribs. I still have the urinary tract infection and sore throat and either loose stools or diarrhea. My doctor had me do a urine culture and I had a ct scan yesterday because of all the things going on. Also she had me do a stool sample. I am not taking any medication at this time. 2 days ago I started a low grade fever 99.3 to 100.3, not real high but enough to make me feel sick. Also I am slightly sick to my stomach with no vomiting. I don't have the results from the tests yet.

Could it be a virus making me feel this way for a month and a half and why doesn't it seem to be going away. Could it be the urinary tract infection? I won't probably have the results until next week.
|
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....