Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Need Answers About the Pill!

I have to start taking the birth control bill estrostep in a few days and I was wondering if a lot of women suffered from the weight gain side effect...This is one of my main concerns about it. Also, i'm not exactly sure what is meant by weight gain... Someone told me that the low doses of hormones make your body thinks it's pregnant, which in turn increases your appetite and causes bloating... ?? I really need some feedback...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Well actually birth control pills can really make you gain weight...Some girls can gain up to 20 pounds...But your friend is slightly wrong because low doses of pills actually lessen the probability of you experiencing side effects like bloating...Usually bloating will subside after 3-4 months of using the pill...Gaining weight can be permanent of non-permanent...Permanent means you really had gain weight because sometimes pills can make you hungry all the time..Making you to overeat which can make you gain weight..Temporary of non-permanent is gaining weight just because of water retention..It will subside after using the pill for 3 months or more...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...