Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Cervical Displacia ? Thick Discharge And a Foul Odor

Hi, this is my first post and i'm hoping someone can help me out.

I am forty years old, white , over weight female. I don't smoke or use drugs and have one child. I still have all of my female organs except for my left tube - taken when I had an etopic preg.

Anyhow, currently here's my situation.

Back in dec, I had a ten day cycle - usually only three or four. That ten day cycle was so light I only used panty liners the entire ten days.

Janruary I didn't have a cycle at all.

Feb I had a twenty five day cycle - it varied in heavieness, it was occupanied by yellowish/orangey thick discharge and a foul odor.

The doctor wouldn't do a pap til the cycle ended. I had the pap this past monday and an ultra sound today.

I have serious pain near my left shoulder blade and a pain in my right side. My abdomen seems a bit bloated as well.

I have looked up what I can on these symptoms (trying to ease my fear of cancer mostly) and have been coming across references to cervical displacia (not sure if I spelled correctly), but everything I read about it says the symptoms are not caused by cerv dis but are already present. But what are the symptoms of cerv displacia? I mean what symptoms cause cervical displacia and do my symptoms seem like that could be my problem or something else is my problem?

I was told to call my doctor next week and ask for the results of the ultra sound. But in the meantime, how do I treat the shoulder pain? That is what is the most aggravating. Also I am tired all the time and feel like I am out of breath really easily right now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can be doing while I am waiting on my doctor's results so I am not awake at night in pain or in fear?

Thanks for any informaton you can share with me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I hope is not another ectopic--

i also hope it is not cancer---i will say a prayer for you. .God bless you
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My suggestion is to talk to your Dr. Or your pharmacist.
If it is real bad and you caannot get hold of either go to the day care clinic or er.
Good luck!
Let us know what you find out!
|

replied March 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks for the suggestions. At the office today the temp said she thinks it might be fibroids. Does anyone know anything about them?

I know its not an etopic pregnancy. If I were pregnant my fiance' would have alot of questions for me! (he's fixed).

I will know for certain what it is in a few days and then probably be full of questions about treatment and so forth.
|

replied March 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah--he prolly would have a few guestions then.!!!

I do not know anything bout fibroids--did they do more tests. Or schedule more tests?? Just curious! I would look that word up on yahoo--oer a search engine. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
|

replied March 13th, 2006
Experienced User
I got my results back from my doctor today.

Turns out my problem is an ovarian cyst that has attached itself in such a way to be causing me all kinds of other problems but its not serious.
I also have a couple of uterine fibroids also nothing to be worried over and nothing to be going into surgery about. I am thrilled!
|

replied February 1st, 2010
i have had several ovarian cysts... some that were never a problem to me, and some that were. I have suffered with them since i was 15, i am now 22..and just recently had 7 removed off of my right ovary. Very painful things if there in the right location. Be thankful u dont have to do the surgery...u thought the shoulder pain was bad, the abdomen pain and chest pain from being filled with air is horrific!! Good luck to you and GOD BLESS!
|
Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....