I'm a 25 year old female and I get a feeling as though there is something stuck in my esophagus/throat, and then every now and then I force out a little burp. But then my thoughts take it away to fearing my throat is going to close up etc...., and panic! I know from some internet searching that it can be a symtpom of gastroesophagal reflux disease. Which is a non-worrisom condition with diet and medication, but has anyone else had this and what could this be otherwise?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper leahbeans
|

replied March 16th, 2006
That's part of what I feel. And the only thing they've found on me is an ulcer. The doc says that antacids shoudl help but they haven't so far. Are you prone to anxiety or panic attacks? Or maybe just feelings of extreme worry? The reason I ask, is cause I have had some anxiety problems, and they can manifest physical symptoms. Sotmach problems, heart problems, breathing problems, head problems, even just random aches and pains. When my anxiety was pretty bad I got hat feeling all the time. Once I calmed down, I didn't notice it. Hope you get it taken care of.

Take care and good luck.
|

replied February 23rd, 2011
omg @ leanbean , im feeling the same way!! so happy you poasted that bc i was starting to panic,are you okay? what did you end up taking to feel better?
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...