User Profile
I just wanted to know is there is such a thing as too much sleep. I know when you're pregnant you need a lot of sleep, but I sleep more than half the day. Last night me and the hubby went to sleep around 11 and we got up at 8. Which is only 9 hours, but then I slept for about 5 hours during the day. That's 14 hours. Holy crp. I'm still tired too. I don't feel like it's normal. I don't know what the problem is. When most people take naps it's an hour or 2 not 5..Lol.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I don't have medical evidence or anything, but I have been told by a lot of people (and believe) that there is, in fact, such a thing as too much sleep. It's like if you sleep too much, you're tired from sleeping.

I have read in my pregnancy book that if you take a nap, it should last an hour. And you should take it as close to 2 in the afternoon as you can because that's the time of day your body is naturally at a low and can rest easier.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2006
Supporter
lalee wrote:
i don't have medical evidence or anything, but I have been told by a lot of people (and believe) that there is, in fact, such a thing as too much sleep. It's like if you sleep too much, you're tired from sleeping.

I have read in my pregnancy book that if you take a nap, it should last an hour. And you should take it as close to 2 in the afternoon as you can because that's the time of day your body is naturally at a low and can rest easier.

my nap today started probably around 3:30 p.M. My husband woke me up around 4 to tell me he was taking his brother to get his car, and then about 5 to tell me he was going to school, and then when he got home from school about 7 or 7:30, and then to cuddle a little before he went to work at about 9. All together I slept about 5 hours. But, after he left I was awake so I got on here for a bit and then started to read a magazine and I think I might have fallen asleep again. I don't know though. I think it's way too much sleep. I don't know what's wrong.
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
How far along are you? I understand it's natural to be really tired in the first trimester and that it tapers off after that. I've noticed that with myself.

Are you at home alone all day? Maybe some of your fatigue is coming from boredom? Try taking a walk every day or just trying to get out of the house for a bit.

If you are concerned, or if you feel like all the sleeping you are doing is affecting your health in any way, maybe you should speak to your doctor. For all I know, he/she could tell you it's perfectly normal and to sleep all you want! Lol
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2006
Supporter
Yeah I was reading the same thing about sleeping more in the first trimester, but i'm way beyond that..Lol. I'm 31 weeks today. My hubby is here all day except when he goes to school and works. But, he only goes to school 4 days a week and works 3 at the most.
I had a doctor's appointment 2 days ago, and didn't even think about asking her. My brain is going crazy these days..Lol.
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2006
Supporter
Oh man I know what you mean about sleeping, im always tired latily,and latily every morning im waking up at 7am for no reason, I normaly get up at 8 so im loosing sleep also so I unno.. I also heard it is normal for first trimester, I dont know why thou
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I was tired in my first tri and then in my second I wasn't. Now that i'm almost 36 weeks i'm back to feeling like I did in the beginning. I'm always tired. Alot of people have said the same, so I think it's pretty normal.
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I remember being pregnant with my first child... Its amazing how different trimester are.. I mean in the first tri, you'll sleep alot, morning sickness, and everything else.. Then skip a tri.. Then goes back to a 3rd tri.. You'll sleep even more.. Because your body is adjusting and of course, youre carrying a baby around in that trimester. So its sound a bit crazy. I hope everything is ok..

I sleep alot more in my first trimester (its my number one symptom lol and yes im pregnant... 5wks.. So sounding lil crazy about it but im used to it)
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...