When can you start to have braxon hix contractions?? Does everyone get them and what does it feel like?? And how do the height of fundus measurements add up?? Are the measurements more accurate then the ultrasound when figuring out how many weeks prego you are? Cause i'm suppossed to be like 25-26 wks pregnant and my uterus is already like 3 inches above my bellybutton...What does this mean? And isince its 3 inches above bellybutton about how many weeks does that make me ??? Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Braxton-hicks contractions usually start around week 30 - 32. They are painless. Basically you can just feel a tightening sensation. I am not sure about what you should be expecting for fundal heights. I have never researched that myself. I have two web sites that I find helpful for me. They give you a week by week guide on what your body might be doing, and on how the baby should be growing. They are:

http://pregnancy.About.Com
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Braxton-hicks Contractions
Bh contractions started for me at the fifth month. It was just a painless tightening of the belly. I would also get them after an orgasm and they would be pretty regular (every 3 minutes or so) for about an hour after that. There different for everyone. Hope that helps.
|

replied March 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I just had a level 2 u/s and I was supost to be like 16 weeks along which would make my uterus approx 3 fingers below my belly button. However the baby was measuring 18 weeks and I knew my uterus was right to the bottom ofmy my belly button. I would think that you are right on tract for being 25-26 weeks along....But I am not sure.

As far as .B.H. Are concerned we have them all thru out our pregnancies. That is what the u/s tech told me. I was having one (didn't even feel it) during my u/s. You could see it on the screen it was really weird. She said that if I get anxus or excited I could have one and it would take like 30 mins to go away. It doesn't hurt the baby or me. You won't be able to feel them until you get bigger though.

Genipher
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...