Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

I Need So Advice Or Summin (Page 1)

Ok I have a bf now ryte and im thinkin about havein a kid with him hes almost 20 and im turnin 16 in august and I really want a kid with him and yea plz help me :?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2006
Community Volunteer
First suggestion is finish school before you think about kids.

Second make sure you are in a loving and secure, financially stable, long term relationship.

Yes this is a teen pregnancy support forum.
The idea is we support teens who find themselves pregnant, we do not advocate trying to get pregnant as young as possible.

A child is not something you try out - a child is for life.

If you live in the states I suggest you try out the program where by you take a doll that simulates a baby home with you.

This doll baby wakes at random times, cries but doesn't tell you why, you can not leave it at home to go out shopping.

Think long and hard babies are not a game and babies do not improve a relationship.
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Just to add to the post above mine..The name of the program mentioned is "baby think it over"
|

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2006
Community Volunteer
That's the one!
Thanks
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My younger sister took the baby simulator thing home from school last week over night, she was so nervous about not letting its head drop incase she damaged the neck, and changing the diaper properly, not leaving it too long to cry etc, it woke her up in the night 4 times. The next day she had to go to school, she was shattered. It changed her mind about thinking she wants a baby and her friends were totally put off aswell. They only had it for one night, so imagine having a baby for months and months, its really hard work. Do you have a job? Babies/kids arent cheap. And a place to live? Theres so much you should think about before rushing into this decision. Dont jump into it without thinking about everything properly first.

Wait until you finish school, then think about it again.
Get school out the way.
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Experienced User
why do you want to have a kid with him? Because you love him? Because you think it'll bring you closer? Because you want to share something special with him?

The truth is, even if you don't break up, having a baby will cause so much havok in your relationship. Since you still have school to finish, you will have to rely heavily on him to both work and bring in the money to support the baby and to look after the baby so you can graduate high school.

My son's father and I use to hang out every other day, spend hours just cuddling on the couch and watching movies. We use to go out for dinner 2 or 3 times a week, and go out to movies at least a couple times a month. Now i'm lucky to see him twice a week. Most weeks I see him on saturday for a few hours and that's it. He's exhausted from working so much and i'm exhausted from looking after our son on my own all week. We haven't been out to a movie in over 14 months. We've been out to dinner once in 14 months. We're lucky if we can both sit on the couch for 3 minutes before one of us has to get up and chase after our son or feed him or change a diaper.

Why not wait? Enjoy the time you have with your boyfriend alone. Because once you have a kid it's like sharing him with another girl. The child will suck up all your time. All your energy away from him. And his time, energy, love, attention away from you.
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Thanks guys ill think about it.....
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
20 and 16 is illegal.

Have a baby and you're guy will go to jail for statutory rape.
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Re
""have a baby and you're guy will go to jail for statutory rape""

thats what I was going to say
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Re
ashbobash wrote:
""have a baby and you're guy will go to jail for statutory rape""

thats what I was going to say

well it depends on where she lives. The legal age is different in different states. It's 16 where I live.
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Re
I don't think the legal age of consent is younger than 16 in any american states unless it comes to marrige/emancipation which I find weird
but she didnt say shes 16 right now she is 15 right now and since thats the age she had sex with him at thats the age he'd get in trouble for
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Yea ryte now im 15 and in less then 5mons ill b 16 but hes not 20 yet he wont b 20 till nov. And isnt it if I aprove the sex they cant get him r anything since I gave him consant
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Where are you from?
In the uk its illegal under age 16 even if you consent that doesnt matter. Still classed as rape
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Bouncey ball
first identify why you want a baby - it's not all fun and cuddles.
I f you told your boyfriend that you want to have a baby now I bet he'd run a mile.
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
dalicialynn wrote:
20 and 16 is illegal.

Have a baby and you're guy will go to jail for statutory rape.

dalicia's right....I don't see how it would be fair to send a guy to jail for rape when it was okay with the girl....But they d.O. Send them to jail.
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2006
Supporter
Well since you don't really care about the age thing......... Go ahead have a baby! That's what you want to hear right? Just remember that once you do that you cannot reverse it and be where you are right now. Your baby will depend solely on you and perhaps his daddy(if he stays around long enough to even see his birth). So go ahead, make a baby that you cannot support, maybe love immensely, but love can't pay bills.. Remember that!!!

Just keep us updated on how big that little belly of yours grows :wink:
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: I Need So Advice Or Summin
bounceyball wrote:
ok I have a bf now ryte and im thinkin about havein a kid with him hes almost 20 and im turnin 16 in august and I really want a kid with him and yea plz help me :?

*rolls eyes*
|

replied March 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Does your bf even want a baby yet
|

User Profile
replied March 7th, 2006
Supporter
Re: I Need So Advice Or Summin
kimmeh wrote:
bounceyball wrote:
ok I have a bf now ryte and im thinkin about havein a kid with him hes almost 20 and im turnin 16 in august and I really want a kid with him and yea plz help me :?

*rolls eyes*

lol...That's what I thought.
|

replied March 7th, 2006
We have talked about it and he wants 1 and thats y I waz askin so yea...Neways dalicia arent u 16 and ur boy almost 20???
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...