Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Breathing Problem Anxiety Related

I am a 48 year old male I workout 5 times a week mostly cario but started a couple weeks ago with weights. Over the last couple weeks I have been having a problem taking a full breath. I went to the emergency room and they did a chest xray, ekg and blood work everything was fine. I do have very mild mitro valve reguritation, not medicated, and about 7 years ago I was diagnosed with mild pulmonary hypertension...After exhausrtive tests over 2 years they decided it was just me and that is the way I was built, no cause except I am a former smoker. I also notice that whn I sit and take a deep breath I feel a pop under might right ribs near the sternum area. I am taking zoloft and prilosec otc. Also have noticed my hands sweating alot and sweating around my head and neck when I sleep at night. I do have to say that since taking the zoloft, I have bee more obsessive about my health. Can yo help me figure this out? One other note sometimes when I get this breathing thing it almost feels like my lungs are burnining.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey roblo1....Zoloft may not be right for you. I seen to keep coming across stories about how zoloft seems to be no good. Tell your doctor about this, he or she will put you on a different medication. It's interesting to see you mention mitral valve syndrome...Today my doctor discovered that I have a heart murmur...And because of my tight neck and chest, [seemingly, a result of anxiety] he is sending me for an echocardiogram. The zoloft could be the cause of the sweating.
|

replied March 9th, 2006
Thanks
Thanks for the advice and good luck to you
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...