Ok, about 2 weeks ago I got my first ever cold sores and they were bad. They were almost completely healed as of yesterday, and then suddenly it felt like I cut my lip on my water bottle...(which is how the first one started). Now it looks like i'm getting another one!!! Is it normal to get cold sores that close together in time? My first ones weren't even completely healed!!! I'm really hoping that maybe I just reinjured the first one or something. I cannot deal with another festering cold sore on my lip. Not only is it very painful, but it's mucho embarrassing. If anyone has any comments or suggestions let me know. I pray it's not another cold sore..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Cold Sores Again?????!!!
anxietygirlie wrote:
ok, about 2 weeks ago I got my first ever cold sores and they were bad. They were almost completely healed as of yesterday, and then suddenly it felt like I cut my lip on my water bottle...(which is how the first one started). Now it looks like i'm getting another one!!! Is it normal to get cold sores that close together in time? My first ones weren't even completely healed!!! I'm really hoping that maybe I just reinjured the first one or something. I cannot deal with another festering cold sore on my lip. Not only is it very painful, but it's mucho embarrassing. If anyone has any comments or suggestions let me know. I pray it's not another cold sore..

trust me, I feel your pain -- literally.

I'm 19 years old, soon to be 20, and I suffer from getting coldsores chronically -- not just one or two, but clusters of about 4 in one spot, sometimes in two places on my lips. It's embarassing and painful, and a huge hinderance to my sexual life.

Here is some advice that I picked up along the grapevine:

coldsores can't produce if you don't have the vitamin arginine in your body. Although most of us wouldn't like to give up arginine (found in chocolate, wheat, peanutbutter -- especially reese's! I gave those up, my love.. -- raisins, seeds, nuts, coconut, caffeine, brown rice, and more).

What you can do, is buy a bottle of lysine. It's an animo acid that the body can't make naturally, meaning you need to get it from other sources -- milk, yogurt, cheese, vegetables.
When you buy this vitamin, take two of the pills a day, and when you feel an outbreak coming on (itchy, sore, red, small bump) take three or four one time during the day.
Make sure you do not have low potassium or vitamin c, and I advice you to drink lots of orange juice during this process, preferably through a straw.

Also, sounds very gross, but a qtip and nailpolish remover on the very hint of a coldsore will make it disappear, or atleast not grow any larger. It will just be a very small dot!

I take zovirax as well, a common ointment used for coldsores or hiv/aids lesions and it works well.

Just try to eat balanced, exercise, and make sure you're getting your vitamins! (or cutting down on the bad ones!)

hope I helped.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....