Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Light Bleeding--6 Weeks In

This is my first pregnancy, im 20 yrs old and im sooo scared right now. I dont want to go to the emergency room for something that is normal. So I guess I need someone to tell me that it is. This morning I woke up and of course headed straight to the bathroom. I urinated and then when I wiped I had very light blood on the paper. A few hours later I urinated again and it wasnt as much blood but it was pinkish.. Is this normal? If I dont go to the er could I be putting the baby at risk for a miscarriage??

Thanks jen
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Did you have intercourse or an internal exam recently? Those can cause light bleeding. Are you experiencing any pain? It could just b your cervix swelling with blood and ssome leaked if you arent experiencing pain and its stopped then you should be fine but call your doctor on mon and just check in. If you do have pain go to the er or if te blood gets heavier and doesnt stop
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Experienced User
No I havent had sex or an exam... One more thing could it be stress? Or I had heard it could be late implantation bleeding..
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I doubt at 20 weeks its implatation bleeding that occurs during the first 10-14 days of conception. Has it stopped?
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Its very very light.. It has slowed down tremendously
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I would say its ok then cuz alot of girls have a period alll the way or part of the way through their pregnancy and most miscarriages (that ive read about) involve sharp pains in your abdomen. But my labor paper from my doctor says to come in for an evaluation if you have vaginal bleeding. If you sdont want to make a trip to the er and its slowed down then just call your doctor on monday to be sure you dont need an eval.
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I just realized u said u are 6 weeks and 20 years old I thought u were 20 weeks oops. But I still stay with what I said
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Especially since I remembered my friend carrie had a light bleeding that early and everything was fine when she went to the er I dont remember exactly what was wrong with her but shes 33 weeks now
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...