Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

anxiety depression support group

Embarassed

those of you who have been to the anxiety forum will have already seen this, so I apologize to you for the repeat.

I couldn't really find a support group in my area, so I decided to give the online support group a try. This also works for me because i'm a bit nervous to try group therapy irl yet.

Anyway, to tell you a bit about myself, my name is cian, i'm a 21-year-old male, I live in st. Louis and I suffer from a mix of anxiety and depression, which is caused by issues with my parents, my former fiancee, school, and reality in general. I'm currently seeing a therapist, and I think this will help to supplement things nicely.

One thing that I have found is really helping me thus far with my anxiety, as well as other things, that my therapist pointed out to me is a technique called transformational imagery. For those looking for something to help you out there, you might want to give this a try:

[link removed]
so, there you go, I hope this adds as a nice contribution for my first post. I haven't had a chance to read much posting yet, but i'll be back soon, and will hopefully be able to give a bit better dialogue.

Take care!

Cian

Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...