Embarassed

i couldn't really find a support group in my area, so I decided to give the online support group a try. This also works for me because i'm a bit nervous to try group therapy irl yet.

Anyway, to tell you a bit about myself, my name is cian, i'm a 21-year-old male, I live in st. Louis and I suffer from a mix of anxiety and depression, which is caused by issues with my parents, my former fiancee, school, and reality in general. I'm currently seeing a therapist, and I think this will help to supplement things nicely.

One thing that I have found is really helping me thus far with my anxiety, as well as other things, that my therapist pointed out to me is a technique called transformational imagery. For those looking for something to help you out there, you might want to give this a try:

[link removed]

so, there you go, I hope this adds as a nice contribution for my first post. I haven't had a chance to read much posting yet, but i'll be back soon, and will hopefully be able to give a bit better dialogue.

Take care!

Cian

Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 14th, 2003
Experienced User
Welcome to ehealth cian!

Patrick Smile
|

replied September 29th, 2003
Hi cian,
this is exactly what I am hoping for too. I am 38 with 2 kids, just seperated from my husband in july. He couldn't handle the fact that I am struggling with depression and now my Dr. Thinks anxiety too! I am on meds for both, but neither one seems to be working. I am hoping to start up some good helpful chats with other people at this site. I am kind of new to this, as I have never really chatted on the computer, but I am hoping it will help.
I love my kids so much and am trying so hard to make this time as easy as possible for them, but it is so so hard for me, that I don't think I am succeeding very well. Rolling Eyes
I hope that you find some help on this chat .
|

replied October 3rd, 2003
Hi From St. Louis
I'm also in st. Louis....
Welcome to ehealth, i'm new here too... Been here a week and it's amazing the kind of advice and help you can find on here...

Good luck!
|

replied October 6th, 2003
Help Me Today On My Anxity to Medicine
I am giong to the densist today and I am so scared I have a anxity toward medicine. I ma scared it might do something to me . Help Sad
|

replied October 9th, 2003
"i Feel What You're Feeling"
Hi cian, i'm eloise & i'm going through a lot as far as panic/anxiety attacks. I had 2 major attacks thur & fri. I've heard of people going through this, but I didn't know how scary it was until I had one. I have so many other problems to. I pray to god all the time & my belief in him will help me out a lot. I have better days & bad days, I haven't had a good day in a very long time. I think a lot of my problems come from things that happened to me in the past. It's good that you know that you have this problem. I also have migraines which are very excrutiating. I visit the er frequently, some of them know me fairly well. If I had, had help when I was your age, I probably wouldn't be suffering like this, & then again who knows. I've been feeling really bad for years since cerebral brain surgery to clip 2 very large aneurysms. I just found out that I have 2 small ones. On top of all that I have 12 other symptoms. I've been seeing all kinds of doctors, but when I was referred to a psychiatrist, I started feeling better, enough where I wasn't bedbound. We talked a lot, but I think it was the pills that she prescribed. Elavil & she upped my dose of zoloft. If you are still having problems, don't wait to long to get yourself checked. My mom just called me, have to go, sorry. Bye,bye & good luck
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Jeff Bailey
User Profile
HS Bharath
User Profile
Shafi Ullah Khan
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....