Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Back pain...is it a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)...or are t

User Profile
last three years i was diagnosed that i was suffering from a slipped disk i was quickly put on a therapy the doctor said that i should compleate the ten sessions of exercise and tractions and i should be put to an M.R.I. to see wich spine slipped, but i didnt go, i didnt even compleate the therapy because at the sixth sessionthe swelling of my blower back was gone and i could tolerate the pain and i could almost walk normal though i have a hard time bending down to pick up things, after a year the pain persist i gone to another therapist and he said that the pain wasnt due to slipped disk but U.T.I. he gave me a urine test and it was shown that it did, i have taken the medications but the pain still persist, until due time it was tolerable again, but still i got a hard time bending trough the years, now the pain persist again radiating from mid back to the upper back pelvic area, wahat should i do, when i cough a striking pain radiates in my back and what kind of doctor should i go to that specialized in these cases. plrease answer my questions as soon as posible Thank you!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2006
Back Pain Answer A832
Urinary tract infections (UTI) can cause back pain only if the kidneys are affected. UTIs can be diagnosed via other signs and symptoms like frequent urination, painful urination, pain in the lower front abdomen... and laboratory results. I recommend you request an X-ray image of the lumbar vertebral column to identify any possible changes in the spine that may be causing back pain. The intervertebral disks are examined only via MRI. You can follow up with an orthopedist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.