Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Can a Stroke cause Loss of Vision? or is Partial Blindness

User Profile
i had cataract surgery 3 months ago. two days after surgery i noticed that i had lost some of my periphal vision....example........a 20% solar eclipse.......that's what i see.....the outer side of my eye is black.....i went to a retinologist...it's not retinal detachment......the opt. that did the surgery said that it was a shadow, and it would go away in about a month...that was 3 months ago.......i have looked all over the web...i cannot find anything that could be the answer.......all i can think of, is that maybe it was a stroke....can anyone help...........thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2006
General Q&A Answer A830
You can ask for an answer to this question from the ophthalmologist who performed the operation. A stroke can cause vision loss... but this is confirmed with a CT-scan of the head.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.