Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Prolonged Period? Help! Asap!

Well about two weeks ago I had unprotected sex on feburary 15th(i know I know, irresponsible....But he pulled out so keep that into perspective). On the following sunday (the 19th) I started my period. Which was about a week and a half early. Im on ortho tri-sprintec and I missed my pill on the 16th (i took it on the 17th with my other pill about 7 hours later than I normally do). And now on march 1st my period still hasnt stopped nor has it gotten any lighter. Im still taking my pills regularly every morning and havent missed since the 16th. Im really worried, im not sure whats wrong with me. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
The chances are low that you are pregnant, but anytime you miss a pill you do run the risk of having that major breakthrough bleeding. It will get better, but you have to give it time.
|

replied March 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah if you miss a pill close to the time that you're supposed to get your period, breakthrough bleeding is even more likely to occur, especially if you don't take your pill at the exact same time every day. Sometimes breakthrough bleeding can occur as a result from that alone. Just keep taking them normally and the bleeding should clear up by the time you start a new pack. :)
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Please remember that even though your boyfriend pulled out, there is precum that comes out before he ejaculates. You are on the pill so you are very safe from pregnancy, but sex without condoms, whether withdrawal is used or not, greatly increases your risk for std's.
|

replied March 3rd, 2006
mariana wrote:
please remember that even though your boyfriend pulled out, there is precum that comes out before he ejaculates. You are on the pill so you are very safe from pregnancy, but sex without condoms, whether withdrawal is used or not, greatly increases your risk for std's.

we've both been tested.
We're both clean of stds
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...