Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Do I Have Heart Trouble?...Testing has shown Conflicting inf

User Profile
I saw my dr. in July with mild chest pain on my left side. An EKG was done which showed I had had a heart attack. My dr. did not believe I had. I was sent for a stress test which was normal other than slight buildup of plaque in the right artery. Was referred to a cardiologist for future reference. Saw the cardiologist and was given an EKG. This one also showed a heart attack. I was then given a echocardiogram. This was perfectly normal with no damage shown to my heart. I was told I was healthy and didn't need the services of the cardiologist. I continue to have pain on my left side. It's never bad, but a spot in my back coincides. It's more of a burning pain. I am now having a weird feeling that comes and goes. It's like being lightheaded, but I'm not really dizzy. It's very hard to describe. Heartburn has increased also. Went to the ER. I was given an EKG which was normal, chest x-ray was normal and all blood work was normal. Should I worry about this? Should I insist on more testing? Could this be anxiety because of the pain in my chest? I have never had pressure in the center of my chest.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 29th, 2006
Heart Disease & Heart Attack Answer A855
The only remaining procedure not yet performed that can help diagnose heart trouble is a coronarography. A coronarography is an invasive procedure; a slight risk to health is present during its performance. This procedure can identify tightening of the coronary arteries. If this procedure doesn’t show any coronary disease, the problem is most likely originating in a location apart from the heart.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.