Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

3 Month Old Baby Crying For No Reason

I have twins girls who are 3 months old. About two weeks ago they started fussing between the hours of 6 pm - 9 pm. We have tried everything we can think of to pin point what is wrong. The crying is extreme as if you were sticking a pin in them. We have tried to feed them, change & burp but nothing seems to stop them from this crying.

Has anybody ever gone through this and or know what the problem is ??

Rgds

bob Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 30th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Have you taken them to a doc? They can have an ear infection or they can be colic? You should take them to a doc and see what the reason is for the crying. But try this: ok when they are crying, play some music and say "look whats that!" say that to get their attention. And it should work. Rock them gently and cuddle them while the music plays. Maybe if you have a lamp or toy that quietly lights up, use that to distract them and let the music put them to sleep. And when you burm them, make sure they really burp. Sometimes they dont fully burp and it hurts them. When I lived at my moms, my niece would cry and cry for no reason and I would sing to her and stand at our sliding door to the backyard. Id say "look!" and she would look and I kept singing and she would stare out to the night, and I would pat her back. And slowly she would fall asleep. Sometimes she would give a huge burp too. I hope I helped some!
|

3 Month Old Crying
We are scheduled for the doc in a couple of weeks for some shoots, so we will see. Understand it could be ear infection, but why only bother them bewteen the hours 6- 9 pm !! Anyway we will try toniht some of your suggestions.

Thks
|

Non Stop Crying
Hey, when a baby wont stop crying try shhh'ing in their ear go close to their ear and ssshhh as loud as they are crying, doing this calms them down and helps them stop crying. The reason they stop crying is because when they were in the womb they could hear the sound of the blood flowing, so complete silence to them is very strange. Also wrapping them tightly with their arms on their side is suppose to help also, if these dont work you can put them on their side and swing/ shake them extremely careful. Also sucking helps to. I hope this helps!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I missed that 6-9 part, I dont know how. But some calm music or anything can help them! It should work, I do it with my niece! When she was born I used to always put her to sleep to elvis "cant help falling in love" and she would sleep quick. With anything else she was up, but playing music and colorful lights help.
|

replied December 31st, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Sounds like colic, I work at a daycare every morning for a hs credit and a baby over there had colic, I got him to be quiet by holding him close to my chest, rocking him fast and bouncing up and down, he calmed down alot with that. Hope this helps

megan
|

replied December 31st, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Cant bounce and rock too much though because they are very tiny and it moves their brain. And that causes damage, so if you do it...Do it softly
|

replied June 6th, 2011
my baby boy love to be cuddle by his nunny...im a working mom,,everytime im arrived from work, imsoo excited to cary him,, but im soo frustrated and disapointed coz he is crying the way i cari hi... what shud i do? pls give me some tips.. thanks and GOD BLESS
|

replied June 6th, 2011
my baby boy love to be cuddle by his nunny...im a working mom,,everytime im arrived from work, imsoo excited to cary him,, but im soo frustrated and disapointed coz he is crying the way i cary him... what shud i do? pls give me some tips.. thanks and GOD BLESS
|

replied June 6th, 2011
3 month olds crying
They may be fine, but overstimulation can cause crying. When they cry they release a stress hormone in order to cope and calm down. Its a phase, it WILL end.
|

replied September 10th, 2012
Crying
Get the video "Happiest Baby on the block" - you can download it for free at Piratebay (free torrent dowlaod site) this doctor is awesome...watch the video on how to follow the directions, and do them, they work, my sister told me about it and I have recommended it to EVERYONE... I went through exactly what you did, and this works, so well in fact, that even the nursery at our church uses it now....
|

replied May 24th, 2013
my 9th weeek baby is crying continuously. once she woke up she started to crying . if i want to stop her cry i need to feed til she sleeps otherwise she won't stop it.after feeding she used to take vomit.frequently she's taking vomit.except breastfeeding i'm n't giving any formula milk.if i stop the feeding she will started to cry.
|

replied May 24th, 2013
my 9th weeek baby is crying continuously. once she woke up she started to crying . if i want to stop her cry i need to feed til she sleeps otherwise she won't stop it.after feeding she used to take vomit.frequently she's taking vomit.except breastfeeding i'm n't giving any formula milk.if i stop the feeding she will started to cry.
|

replied May 24th, 2013
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....