Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

Should I Go to An Allergist Or Dermatologist

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
So i've been diagnosed with cholinergic urticaria by me dermatologist. I previously went to a regular doctor and he gave me anti-histamines (alavert). The dermatologist prescribed me zyrtec. Well neither are working. I still get the hives/burning/ithcing very badly with even the slightest temp rise or stress moment. I have a follow-up appointment with the dermatologist in about 2 weeks, but i'm wondering if I should cancel that and just go to an allergist. After researching online i've seen that not many people have any luck with anti-histamines. Should I go to an allergist or stick with the dermatologist? I need to get this fixed or atleast dialed down a bit asap.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied March 28th, 2006
I would say that there is no harm in seeing an allergist, i've been doing research on health conditions and have read from various sources that what is happening on the skins surface is a result of an underlying problem, such as an allergy.

Hope everything goes well, whatever you decide to do!
Did you find this post helpful?