Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Bloated W/gas Often. Gas X Seems to Actually Make It Worse

I seem to bloat with gas after I eat or if I haven't eaten for a while. It can be painful. I feel slightly better if I burp or pass gas. I am not able to pass gas very often though.
I have tried to take gas x for it but usually I actually feel worse for a while and the pain ends up lasting longer.
I have had scopes and have mild colitis and gastritis. They have tried me on various prescription drugs but they seem to do nothing except give me side effects.
I have anxiety most of the time. I have not been able to correlate it to any particuliar food or situation.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2006
My problem is virtually identical. It hasn't caused any stomach pain really. I feel pain more like in the chest. When it isn't pain it's a really bad ache. Nexium doesn't help. And after an endoscopy, it turns out I have duodenal ulcers. But ulcers are caused pirmarily by two things. Either, over use of nsaid(non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), i.E. Aspirin, ibuprofen, etc. Or, bacteria known as h.Pylori. The doc said my ulcers were dueto neither. The only thing he suggested was nexium, which I took the first time this happened. They had the same effect this time. I get a sharp pain up the side of my esophagus up to the throat. So I stopped taking it. I'm afraid to eat so I eat vey little now, and in a matter of 2 months, i've lost about 30lbs. The relief after burping is the biggest thing. And taking the gas-x did seem to make it a little worse. I hope you get well soon. And I hope you can hold on til you do. I also suffer from anxiety and it definately doesn't help. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...