User Profile
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I am having a problem but have not consulted a physician as of yet as I have no medical insurance.

I have been having severe pain in my bladder since 12/2 and it was pretty much constant and without relent until 15/2. Experienced no pain on 16/2-17/2 but the pain returned on 18/2 and lasted until 22/2, experienced no pain on 23/2 but it has returned today and is quite severe.

It feels as though I have to urinate quite urgently at all times, there is pain in my vagina and bladder as well as some back pain.

I've tried drinking more water and milk and less drinks that are carbonated or that contain caffiene.

I am extremely fatigued even after sleeping 12-14 hours.

I am 23 years old, caucasian female, I've been married for nearly three years.

Three years ago on the first day of April, 2003 I had a large cyst removed. It was larger than a basketball and was touching every vital organ. It had grown so large it was nearly to my throat, pushing my rib cage out. It was an odd cyst in that it was growing off of my Fallopian tube and from what I understand most cysts originiate on ones ovaries.

I have since been diagnosed with HPV which is a sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer, but as of my last visit to my doctor this was on the mend.

I have not been to a gyno in over 9 months, and will not be able to afford a visit for another 2 months at least.

As my immune system is fighting off this virus it is possible that I can have frequent infections and minor illnesses.

At first I believed that the pain must be caused by a bladder infection, but as it has lasted so long and has came and went... I am unsure.

Oh, and it first began during my menstral cycle.

Does anyone have any insight?

I'm very concerned. Is this a bladder infection, a kidney stone or something worse?

-Sarah

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2006
Urinary & Bladder Disorders Answer A544
Women are more vulnerable to urinary infections. According to the symptoms you’ve described, there is a great possibility that you have a urinary infection (cystitis). You will have to take standard blood and urinary analyses in order to confirm this. Usually, a uro-antiseptic is requested. To exclude stones, you can also request an abdominal ultrasound. If the cyst you’ve removed was benign... then you should forget it...that malady is over. HPV-infection is a risk factor for developing precancerous lesions (dysplasia) and cancer of PVU. Any local manifestations of HPV-infections (warts) should be treated locally. You can also perform a regular Pap-test twice a year.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.