Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

a Natural, Comprehensive Approach to Arthritis.

Arthritis and joint complaints.

1. Gelatin.
Is made of collagen, the raw material for joints and connective tissue and helps rebuild healthy joints.
Buy at least a kilogram of unsweetened gelatin from a restaurant food supplier or similar (it will be very cheap).
You can also use unsweetened gelatin from the supermarket.
Every day take a heaping tablespoon of gelatin in water (with vitamin c powder with bioflavinoids is best).
Preparation of the gelatin:
fill a glass of water one quarter full with cold water.
Sprinkle the heaping tablespoon of gelatin in the water and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
Add about a third of a glass of hot tap water and mix in the gelatin well with a spoon.
Add in a quarter of a glass of cold water and the vitamin c powder and stir in.
Drink.
Gelatin is also almost pure protein with about 20g of protein in a heaping tablespoon.
In a harvard study taking a heaping tablespoon of gelatin by itself completely cured 28 out of 29 patients with incurable, long term rheumatoid arthritis in 90 days! It should only take about 10 days to see significant improvement. This part of the protocol is also ridiculously cheap.

There is also a recipe on the site glorioushealth that you can use to make gelatin with fruit which is more palatable than drinking gelatin.

2. Pharmaceutical grade fish oil.
Reduces or eliminates the inflammation of arthritis (first shown to be effective in 1775 and many times since).
Take 2-4 teaspoons of pharmaceutical grade fish oil every day (8-16 capsules a day).
This is the equivalent of 16-32 capsules a day of normal health food grade fish oil but taking health food grade fish oil in doses like this could present health problems in the long term.

Pharmaceutical grade fish oil is very pure of contaminants.

3. Glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate.
Shown in many studies to relieve the symptoms of arthritis (both nutrients help build healthy joints and cartilidge).
Take around 1500mg glucosamine sulphate and 1200mg of chondroitin sulphate every day.
Two seperate doses (around 750mg glucosamine and 600mg of chondroitin sulphate) is better but not crucial.
You don't have to be precise with the amounts.
Some preparations come with a herb called boswellia seratta.
Boswellia seratta is also shown to reduce the inflammation of arthrits.

4. Take vitamin c with bioflavinoids to bowel tolerance 4-6 times a day.
To help kill off the chronic infection of mycoplasma spp. Which is probably the initial cause of arthritis.
Also vitamin c helps reduce inflammation in various ways.

5. Enzymes and calcium.
Osteoporosis often coincides with calcium and could be reversed with agressive calcium supplementation.
To help the absorption of calcium and other nutrients in older people (over 45 years or so) it’s worth considering pancreatic enzymes and betaine hcl 15 minutes before each meal (they usually come in the same capsule and will be called some fancy name including the word enzyme).
You need to choose your calcium carefully.
The most absorbable forms of calcium are:
calcium hydroxyapatite
calcium citrate/malate
calcimate
calcium citrate
colloidal calcium (majestic earth or tj clark brands)

(although there are no scientific studies I know of about colloidal calcium and osteoporosis the smaller molecular size of colloidal calcium and clinical results suggest that colloidal calcium is absorbed particularly well.

To find out how much calcium is in a product you need to look at the total elemental calcium in a tablet or dose.
You also want a calcium supplement that has magnesium (in half the quantity of the calcium) and vitamin d.
Also zinc, vitamin k4, manganese, boron and even the herb horsetail in the supplement can all help but are not essential.
So take one enzyme/betaine hcl capsule 15 minutes before every meal (three times a day).
And around 700 mg of calcium and 350mg of magnesium immediately before or with each of those three meals.
A total daily supplementation of around 2000mg of calcium and 1000mg of magnesium.
It can take around 90 days for your body to replace its skeleton.
And 90 days is the usual time required for relief from arthritis and many osteoporitic complaints.

6. Exercise.
The cartilidge in joints is squeezed like a sponge whenever the joint moves.
This squeezing pushes out all the impurities, toxins etc from the cartilidge.
When the cartilidge expands again it sucks in liquid and nutrients.
So moving affected joints is absoloutely essential to allow nutrients into the cartilidge of joints.
Find ways of moving the joints that are gentle and don't cause pain.
The more times a day you can move your joints the quicker your joints can heal and return to normal function.

7. Hygiene
mucus, saliva and your fingernails have similar proteins and sugars found in the connective tissue and lubricating fluids of joints.
Combined with germs under your fingernails these proteins could confuse your immune system into attacking your joints and cartilidge.
Don't put your fingers in your mouth or bite your nails.
Use utensils to eat with, not your fingers.
Use clean zone soap from advanced hygiene products to clean your fingernails.
Or in australia you can buy clean zone soap from absolutehealthproducts

8. Diet
diet is also essential to reduce the inflammation of arthritis.
Eat low fat protein (fish, turkey breast, chicken breast, gelatin) with every meal (try to limit red meat -especially the fat on red meat - and egg yolks).
Try to eat mainly fruit and vegetables as carbohydrate and limit carbohydrate consumption.
Eat good fats with every meal (almonds, avacados, macadamia nuts, fish).
Eat lettuce and especially leafy greens with every meal if possible.

See /glorioushealth for a free recipe and download the free book from depression to glorious health for a comprehensive protocol which should reduce or eliminate the inflammation of arthritis.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper death2all
|

replied January 31st, 2005
Any1 know where I can get unsweetened gelatin thats high in protein? Been looking all over internet and at my local supermarkets w/ no luck.
|

replied January 31st, 2005
Gelatin High In Protein
Look in the cooking or spices section of your supermarket fo unsweetened
gelatin.

Check the ingredients on the packet.
You want a gelatin that only contains gelatin and perhaps a preservative - no sugar, flavour etc.

The gelatin itself is near pure protein buy is low in the essential amino acid tryptophan.

Kindest regards,
andrew cavanagh
|

replied February 1st, 2005
Thank you very much for your quick reply to my post and pm; I was afraid you were no longer frequenting the forum. I'l have to check again or find a bigger/better supermarket.
|

replied February 3rd, 2005
Im gonna head out to costco and maybe bj's on the weekend to find some gelatin. I also looked on google for restaurant suppliers and got a bunch of results, but im unsure of which ones r good/reputable. Do u happen to know of a good online source.
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Re: a Natural, Comprehensive Approach to Arthritis.
Hello.

Your comprehensive approach looks great! Thank you! :d

i do have some questions about glucosamine though, and am hoping some experts out there have answers.

1. I remember reading some time ago that chondroitin is ineffective, as the molecules are too large to be absorbed. I believe the article was by Dr. Michael murray.

2. I was watching an infomercial for flex protex. The spokesperson said something about there being a risk with using glucosamine sulfate and developing diabetes? Does anyone have any further information on the sulfate form of glucosamine and diabetes?

Flexprotex is advertised as having nag (n-acetyl-glucosamine) instead of the sulfate form flex protex info. Has anyone tried flex protex or an n-acetyl glucosamine supplement?

Thanks,
george
|

replied January 23rd, 2006
Re: Gwiley44
George, i've been taking flex protex for several months now. I'm 63 years old and i've been suffering from rheumatoid arthritis for some time now. It's caused me so much pain, and while a lot of the prescription drugs i've tried were helpful, they all came with their own side effects.

Flex protex has helped me just as much as any of the prescription drugs i've tried, but without the side effects. This may be due to flex protex being a natural supplement, but I certainly can't speak for everyone. What I can say is that it has worked wonders for me. It's so nice to see other people taking an interest in this fantastic product, george.

- gertrude
|

replied March 17th, 2006
the Harvard Study Bit..
Can you direct us to this study so we can read it ourselves? I've never heard of this before and would like to read more.
Sorry for sounding cynical but why is it not more widely known about? I've heard of many things over the last 8 years claming to cure but nothing about gelatin.

Very interesting reading

regards

paul
|

replied March 20th, 2006
Hydrotherapy
I've found hydrotherapy treatment very effective in helping me to control the pain that I get in my knees and back. There's a great site here Hydrotherapy-treatment.Co.Uk/ for more information. It's quite effective for de-stressing as well.

I'm also trying the nightshade-free diet, which is supposedly good. I'm keen on avoiding painkillers as much as possible as I suffer from ibs, andy advice greatfully accepted!
|

replied June 21st, 2006
Rheumatoid Arthritis Information And Treatments
Rheumatoid arthritis

rheumatoid arthritis (ra) is well known condition that is an inflammatory disease. It is thought ra is an autoimmune disease that can become severe. This condition affects the hands, and other joints, leading to painful joints bone erosions. Redness and swelling and in both hands are classic signs and symptoms of ra.

Blood tests and x-rays help confirm this condition. Since this is an inflammatory condition a diet low in pro-inflammatory foods is recommended. Other medications for inflammation and the condition itself are used to treat ra.

Alternative treatment edit
|

replied April 13th, 2008
Knee pain
I am a runner and been having problems with my left knee the sports doc said its arthritis the cartilidge is getting thin.Would the gelatin help for that too.I also seen the flex protex advertised how does that work.
|

replied April 7th, 2009
gelatin powder w/o sugar (Knox)
try finding it in bulk in a restaurant supply or Smart and Final. It costs about $12/lb
|

replied February 23rd, 2010
Gelatine
does this help ostio arthritis
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
Can you continue taking that much glucosamine? My doctor and the bottle say to go to one pill a day (from 3) after 1-2 months. But when I did, 6 weeks later my aches and pains started returning.
I've also heard it can raise cholesterol.

Sue
|

replied December 17th, 2011
wheat grass, japanese match tea for joint compaints
Your post is quite informative. I dont know that gelatin is helpful for arthritis. I hope you can give as a link for that.

I would like to add some infoamtion that can help arthritis. Recently, wheat grass is good for detoxifying your GUT that totally absorbed synthetic medicines that had also cause a arthritis . NSAIDs can really destroy our GUt leading to multiple complications.

The japanese match tea is really good for detoxification which is necessary for the people with arthritis since this condition is related to unhealthy lifestyle.

Furthermoremy brother has tried this "pump-up shake" which is a good remedy for your arthritis

I 1/2 scoop of Madre Labs Midori Greens
350 or 8 oz of water
1 banana
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon of honey

Blend Well

By the way Midori Greens contains Field-Grown Whole Grasses, Herbs & Vegetables, Broken Cell Wall Chlorella, Marine Phytoplankton, and Beet Juice Powder. I find this very helpful for the arthritis since my brother has this problem. I hope this helps ,
|

replied January 19th, 2012
japanese matcha tea
wheat grass, japanese matcha tea for joint compaints
Your post is quite informative. I dont know that gelatin is helpful for arthritis. I hope you can give as a link for that.

I would like to add some infoamtion that can help arthritis. Recently, wheat grass is good for detoxifying your GUT that totally absorbed synthetic medicines that had also cause a arthritis . NSAIDs can really destroy our GUt leading to multiple complications.

The japanese matcha tea is really good for detoxification which is necessary for the people with arthritis since this condition is related to unhealthy lifestyle.

Furthermore my brother has tried this "pump-up shake" which is a good remedy for your arthritis

I 1/2 scoop of Madre Labs Midori Greens
350 or 8 oz of water
1 banana
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon of honey

Blend Well

By the way Midori Greens contains Field-Grown Whole Grasses, Herbs & Vegetables, Broken Cell Wall Chlorella, Marine Phytoplankton, and Beet Juice Powder. I find this very helpful for the arthritis since my brother has this problem. I hope this helps ,
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....