Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

I Had An Abortion Yesterday

Do you think i should have gone with my initial instinct?
Yes
No
78%  78%  [ 11 ]
21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14
Hi I am 19 years old and in my second year of my apprenticeship. 2 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, I was so shocked but also in a way excited as i've always wanted a baby, and my initial instinct was to keep it. I have a boyfriend who I have been with for 2 years and very supportive parents. When I told my mum she didnt make a big deal out of it she was more supportive than anything but my dad and my boyfriend on the other hand were really shocked and almost angry at me. Every since I can remember ive always been against having an abortion and if the conversation came up I would always say I would never do it. But as the days went on everyone kept telling me that it was only "cells" and it wasnt a baby and having it terminated would be the best thing for me and the baby. I didnt agree from day one but in the end after changing my mind 100 times I decided I would get the abortion to make everyone happy and so my bf n I could get on with our lives. My biggest fear was losing him so I made the appointment and went into the clinic yesterday morning. I was so scared and upset I barely spoke. I watched the screen when I had the ultra sound and immediately felt sick but I was too scared to change my mind. I ended up going through with the whole thing and yesterday I was almost relieved. But this morning I woke up feeling numb and instantly feeling guilty and angry at myself.
Its still too early for me to decide if it was the right thing to do or not but right now in my head im finding it really really difficult to come to terms with what I had done. I really hope this feeling goes away but I can say one thing for sure if I found out I was pregnant again I would not be even considering an abortion whether it means I lose everyone and anything, because I think if I did it again I couldnt live with myself.
Thanks for reading probably turns out as just a bunch of words that dont make sense but I needed to get it off my chest thanks :)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Missmousy86
|

replied February 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It makes sense. The feeling wont last forever.

I've sent you a private message
|

User Profile
Advanced Support Team
It def. Makes sense... We are here for you.. Making a decision like that is very hard and you felt that you where making the best decision for your life.. If you need to vent or talk about it please do so....
|

Especially eHealthy
An abortion is an extremely hard choice to make, and now, after the fact, t doesn't matter if it was the "right" thing or thr "wrong" thing. You did it, so now you should do your best to make sure that it was the right desicion :) finish your apprenticeship, love your boyfriend, etc. Another consideration is preventing future pregnancy until you are ready again. Are you on any form of birth control besides the "pull out", "prayer", or "body rhythm" methods? The pills work great, as do iud's.
|

Experienced User
There is nothing you can do about it know, but a word of advice: never let anyone else make decisions for you.
Ashlee
|

Thanks so much for your support guys. The thing that really scared me was that I was actually taking the pill and I didnt miss a day at all and I took it pretty much at the same time everyday so im thinking I might try something else lol.
Thanks again :)
|

replied February 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I got pregnant when taking the pill correctly too and it is a shock to the system. I'd definately look into getting something different, I have a mirena ius at the moment and it's a very good contraceptive if you can use it (i've had probelms with alot of methods).

Good luck, I hope you start to feel better soon. Don't beat yourself up about it
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Missmousy86
What is done is done, you must forgive yourself and move on. I too was on b/c and lost mine, so we never know, we cannot live by what would have, could have, should have. When the time is right you will both know it. We are here for you!
|

replied April 4th, 2006
I can't live with myself for the one I got. I hope you can come to terms with it, I haven't been able to. I think you should always go with your first intinct, but I didn't go with mine either. And if your bf would leave you for not getting the abortion then he's not worth having as your bf.
|

replied June 7th, 2006
The thing that u did was to make everyoen happy but not urself. Teh abortion , I think, was a good decision at last cause if u hadnt done that then theer could have been some problems in between ur boyfriend and also within ur family, especially with ur dad. Well, what I wanna say is that abortion isnt a solution of that problem. Nomatter what, I dont think u can ever be teh same now. Be careful with teh further relationship and use soem safety measure so that no new life is wasted again. U said that if u become pregnant again then u will go with ur initial instinct but what I suggest u in that never let urself in such dilema.Thsi is a matter where u and ur boyfriend both will have to think, never bring urself in such condition where u have to choose someones life and death.
|

replied June 15th, 2012
I just have a question, i've read so many posts and I'm having a really hard time finding a woman who had an abortion simply because SHE thought it was best. Seems like so many women's choices on this depends on their men, and how they feel, and what they think is best. If they won't support you, or if they won't want it. I thought women's choice was all about empowerment, and women's rights and feminism. But, not any post I've read yet sounds like choice is an empowering decision. It sounds more domineering than anything :
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...