For the past two months I have felt a mild, dull ache behind my knee along with other leg pain. It was never too bad, until today, it hurts really bad to straighten it and walk on it. It subsides when I bend it. The feeling is like that of a twisted ankle or something but behind my knee. It's pretty intense.
I don't know if its related at all but my knee always makes a crunching sound when I stand up...Also i'm 20 yrs old, female so maybe that will make a difference too in what it could be. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2006
Advanced Support Team (online)
Re: Pain Behind Knee
backhome22 wrote:
for the past two months I have felt a mild, dull ache behind my knee along with other leg pain. It was never too bad, until today, it hurts really bad to straighten it and walk on it. It subsides when I bend it. The feeling is like that of a twisted ankle or something but behind my knee. It's pretty intense.
I don't know if its related at all but my knee always makes a crunching sound when I stand up...Also i'm 20 yrs old, female so maybe that will make a difference too in what it could be. Thanks!

dear backhome22,

you might have more hits asking this question in the “muscular and nerve disorders” forum. Try posting the same question of there and see if the results are better.

Best, admin

replied March 5th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi backhome22,

I'm by no means an expert but I will suggest you read up a bit on "Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome". It's pain that happens behind the knee caps and has many causes, as well as many treatments. If you do have this, then the only way fixing it is by specific muscle strengthening exercises.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....