Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

I have osteoporisis due to anorexia

I am 16yrs old. I have osteoporisis. Why? Because im that decided to starve herself. I suffered from anorexia nevousa for about a year. I was hospitalized and found out I had osteoporisis. I gained weight back I am not about 5'2 maybe a little shorter not sure. And around 100lbs. I used to be 68lbs, so this is a huge accomplishment for me. I could stand to gain about 5-6 more pounds but for now my weight is stable and healthy. Now my blood levels are back to normal (this is all about 2yrs later my ed was in 04) but I still have osteoporisis. I thought maybe there would be improvement considering how much healthier ive been but no its not and needless to say im very upset about this. It seems no matter what I do something always comes along and slaps me in the face. I have osteoporisis of the lumbar spine and my hips. My doctor called today and told me I need to be on 1200mg of calcium and I cannot :!: screw up. Im scared im going to have a hunch back or worse break my spine and be paralyzed. Im afraid to move from my house now and its just really going down hill for me. Anyone have anything that could help from experience or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I am only 16yrs old, im to young for this. :oops:
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....