Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Took a Pregnancy Test And Got Negative..but...

Well im 15 and I had sex with my boyfriend but I never used protection and he would just cum inside of me..Yeah it wasnt too smart but anyways... Im supposed to get my period feb. 20 and I havent gotten yet I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative.. Im not stressed out and my periods are always regular...I dont know what to do my mom says wiat a week then test again.. Is that the best thing to do...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah, I would wait another week.. It wouldn't hurt then if still neg & no cycle I would go to the Dr.. & see why.
|

Especially eHealthy
The best thing to do is use a freaking condom! (unless u r trying to get knocked up) even if you arent this time the way ur going u will be soon. Just go get a blood test at the health clinic its free unlike pee sticks and ull no for sure.
|

I am gonna wait another week and if still no period I will test again and if I get a negative I will have to go to see a doctor oh and I forgot to mention I have really tender breast and I have been peeing more than usual...But other than that I will keep in touch with you guys and tell you what I find out...
|

Especially eHealthy
Having to pee a lot does not hit you in the 2nd day of pregnancy.....Your uterus has to begin to grow to cause pressure to be put upon your bladder...That'll take about a month...

I agree with macysmama, don't make your mom have to keep buying you pee tests...Unless your man wants to put out the dough...Just get the free blood test...

Sarah

p.S. You should really treasure your mother...I have a good relationship with my mother in the sense that I could tell her everything as soon as it came to mind and she never abused or threw me out....I never appreciated it until I became pregnant and want to be the same way she was with me......
|

Well I dont know if the pregnancy calculators on the internet are true but I tried one and it said I concieved feb 6. And that im 4 weeks and 1 day but I dont know what to do...
|

replied December 6th, 2007
Hy
HI IM 17 AND I HAVE MISSED MY PERIOD. I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MY PERIOD ON NOV 28. AND I TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST ON DEC. 3 AND GOT A -NEG. TEST. WHAT SHOULD I DO? IM NOT STRESSED AND I ALWAYS GET MY PERIOD I USED TO WEIGHT 128 AND NOW I WEIGHT 135 IM VERY HEALTHY THOUGH, I ALSO WENT FROM 34B TO 38B
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Hy
twetty wrote:
HI IM 17 AND I HAVE MISSED MY PERIOD. I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MY PERIOD ON NOV 28. AND I TOOK A PREGNANCY TEST ON DEC. 3 AND GOT A -NEG. TEST. WHAT SHOULD I DO? IM NOT STRESSED AND I ALWAYS GET MY PERIOD I USED TO WEIGHT 128 AND NOW I WEIGHT 135 IM VERY HEALTHY THOUGH, I ALSO WENT FROM 34B TO 38B

You should take another test in a few days. Make sure to follow the directions on the box and use your FIRST morning urine.

There would be no reason for you to gain 7 lbs so soon. That isn't generally one of the first symptoms.
|

Especially eHealthy
twetty wrote:

you need to fiugure out why your gaining weight that fast
because thats not rom pregnancy nor is it normal

oh and your not pregnant
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
twetty wrote:

Weight gain for a healthy mom shouldn't occur in a normal pregnancy until about 2 months if you are on a good diet. A late period can also be the result of stress.

Your weight gain is of concern. Unless you have a marked change in your activity level or diet, there is no reason why you should be gaining weight so quickly unless it is something more serious.

If you are gaining weight very quickly, you should talk to a doctor. Rapid weight gain can have many adverse effects all over your body. They may check for a thyroid condition, elevated testosterone levels (which might explain a late or non-existent period), toxicity, etc.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Xxprprincess2xX wrote:
I am gonna wait another week and if still no period I will test again and if I get a negative I will have to go to see a doctor oh and I forgot to mention I have really tender breast and I have been peeing more than usual...But other than that I will keep in touch with you guys and tell you what I find out...

I am not saying that you are pregnant or not pregnant, but tender breasts and peeing more often are not necessarily indicators that you are.

However, peeing more often can occur in early pregnancy even if the uterus is not putting pressure on your bladder because certain pregnancy hormones relax your muscles. This is why you might go more often when in the early stages.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...