Anybody ever notice, from time to time, little floating worm-like things that kinda follow your eye movements?

Sorta like worm-ish bacteria or something. Can anybody tell me what they are? And is it at all a serious thing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2006
Experienced User
I have them as well. Whether your eyes are opened or closed you see little squigglies? I see dots and squiggles. And it's like they float... If you don't move your eye, they seem to float down, and as soon as you move your eye, they're right there where you moved your eye to, right?
My eye doctor asked me once when I was really young if I had any of that, and then before I answered he said "no, nevermind you're too young for that" so I never found out what it is.
It's strange I read this today because I was thinking about it again this morning and plan to bring it up at my next checkup.
|

replied April 20th, 2006
I have these as well. About five years ago I talked with my eye doctor about them at my eye exam. They are actually called "floaters". She didn't give me any specific information as to what causes them, but did say that they probably will not go away and there is nothing you can do to get rid of them. Do a google search for "eye floaters"...There is an abundance of information out there.
|

replied April 20th, 2006
Experienced User
Lol as i'm reading your reply i'm noticing one right now. :)
|
Tags: vision, bacteria
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....