Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Abortions And the Effects

User Profile
So this was a little bit of research I found while searching the side effects and things on abortion thought this was really interesting and though I would share with you guys ...Any comments wanted..Good or bad...

Physical side effects

many people don't realize that abortion is actually a dangerous procedure. While techniques are improving, there is still a high probability of negative physical side-effects, and almost certain negative psychological side-effects. Abortion is an unnatural process that interrupts one of the primary functions of the human body. A woman's body naturally resists the abortion, causing physical and emotional problems.

One of the most disturbing things about this is that many women aren't informed about the side-effects of abortion. The supreme court, in 1986, ruled that women don't have to be informed about these risks before the abortion. As a result, 80% of women who have had abortions said their counselors gave "...Little or no information about the potential health risks which might follow the surgery." and 68% felt "...The procedure was not described with any degree of depth of clarity." (aborted women:silent no more by david reardon, crossway books, 1987)
the information women are denied:

# "an abortion kills the life of a baby after it has begun. It is dangerous to your life and health." -planned parenthood 'plan your children' pamphlet, 1963.

# "i surveyed 486 colleages: 87% had hospitalized women with complications with legal abortion, 91% had treated patients with complications from legal abortions, and 24 doctors reported patients dying from legally induced abortions." - anonymous obstetrician
# "the occurrance of either induced or spontaneous abortions independently and significantly increased the risk of subsequent development of secondary infertility." - study of 252 women at harvard from the journal of epidemiology and community health. Feb 1993 issue.

# "uterine bleeding occurred on the second or third day after ru486 intake in 1256 women (88.8 percent), and lasted 11.7 +/- 6.4 (sd) days, range 2-55 days. One subject had blood transfusions due to excessive bleeding." -shangchun, w., et al., contraception.

# "prolonged bleeding/spotting lasting more than two weeks had been found in more than 20 percent of women who had complete abortion in this study [of ru486]." --shangchun, w., et al., contraception.

# african american women who have had abortions are 4.7 times more likely to get breast cancer. -- laing ae, et al.Breast cancer risk factors in african american women: the howard university tumor registry experience. Similar studies have supported this among women of other races, such as "risk of breast cancer among young women: relationship to induced abortion" by janet darling, et al.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Most of those statistics are pretty vague.

As far as the last one... As far as i'm concerned it's a moot point. It isn't the fact that someone has an abortion that makes them more likely to develop breast cancer, it's the sudden change in hormone levels. The same risk is present for women that suffer miscarriage.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I didnt type any of that just copy and pasted from that site...So not that I believe every bit of it ..Just wanted to see what people from both sides thought of it..Considering they were tested ...And things like that
|

Experienced User
I understand.

Oh, and the second to last one doesn't really have any standing with me, either. Because bleeding for longer than 2 weeks isn't highly uncommon when you have a miscarriage or a medically induced (abortion pill)abortion. It's actually pretty normal.
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
We have been over this before time after time and their can be just as many if not more and I am pretty sure that it was more problems post birth after all their are two and at times more to be concerned with.
Their are risks in anything you do such as eating, getting out of bed, driving, walking across the street, walking to your car, practically anything you do.
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well I wanted to post it because I just happened to come across it ...Weather it has been posted yet or not but thanks for telling me :wink: I didnt ask for an input of it had been posted yet or not...I've seen many post that are on the same topic..So im not the first and sure wont be the last
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
bahahahahahaha123 wrote:
~*~jillian~*~ wrote:
well I wanted to post it because I just happened to come across it

an anti choicer comes across an anti choice site and for some reason doesn't think we have all seen the anti choice stuff before. Edit

so ..Im an idiot because I wanted to make a thread on the effects of abortion?...All I wanted were peoples opinions on the effects...This thread had nothing to do with me being pro-life or pro-choice...I really dont care if you've seen this site/information before ...There are some that havent..And therefore I posted it..If you had already seen the information that I posted then why did you waste your time re-reading it? :wink: you make me laugh cause seriously you must not have a life...Well other than coming here and calling people names.. :lol:
|