I am 38 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first baby and when I went to my last prenatal appointment the doctor told me that the measure from your pelvic bone and over your belly hump is a pretty accurate caculation of how many weeks that you are now I measured at 41 weeks..Has this happened to anyone and do you think that I could go into labor soon? My first sonagram said my due date was feb 23 and my doctor had feb 28th..Also I went to this pregnancy website that gives you the day by day thing and what to expect while pregnant and on oct 3rd I was told I was exactly 20 weeks pregnant by the woman who did my ultrasound and when I put that date in on that website the due date that came up was the 19th of feb. So I know my due date is right around the corner, but any info would be great thanks!!! Tiffany
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2006
Experienced User
No ultrasound can tell you exactly how far along you are. (the woman who told you you were exactly 20 weeks). Also, the measurement is a fairly accurate assessment, however, no test can actually tell you exactly how far along you are.
You're 38.5 weeks, so at least you know you don't have much longer to go!! Due dates change often... It's just a part of pregnancy since nothing is for sure!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...