Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Sleeping And Weight

My sleeping routine is very messed up. I work all the time and I play in a band. I am 6ft tall and weigh 130lbs.

Can my sleeping make my metabolism go crazy?
In all I just want to be and feel healthy.

Bobby
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Sleeping is very important-we sleep to give our body a rest. I read that while we sleep our brain is busy working away and needs a good night rest. When we lack sleep have you ever notice we lack the right skills-we're slow and really can't function. Also we tend to eat all the wrong foods because we're so hungry-that means all the heavy wrong foods. I guess just try to come up with a schedule-i see that it might be hard but you'll feel so much healthier.

I suggest you should read this new book that just came out I just started to; it's called the china study by t.Colin campbell. He really states the importance of changing your diet since he was a nutrionist. Since your schedule is crazy you need the right foods to function for all the hours!!

Good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....