Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Do I Have An Eating Disorder? Please Help!

User Profile
Hello everyone I need advice. I have always been very thin in hs I was a size 0. Now im 22 and im between a 3 and 5. I have never made myself vomit but lately i’ve been very crazy about my stomach its getting scary. I have taken laxatives before because if I don’t have one bowel movement a day I feel horribly fat and want to take something to do so. If I eat one little piece of chocolate I feel like an elephant. Im making myself nuts and don’t know what to do! I don’t eat any red meat only chicken I must leave my desk at work 6 times a day to look in the mirror in the bathroom to check the size of my stomach. Its so horrible I hate this and I don’t know how to get over this. Does using laxatives sometimes mean I have an eating disorder? Please get back to me I need advice! I even count calories like you wont believe :(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hi tgere! I am no dr but too many laxatives are not good for you. My opinion is to talk to your dr and let hin know about the paranoia and about eating a piece of chocloate makes you feel like an elephant.
Maybe someone else has some more info to offer you.
The best to you!
|

replied February 16th, 2006
Hi, I don't know if you read my subject about how I became addicted to laxatives but I do know that they will destroy your intestine by making it dependant on it and that what ever you poop out has already had the fat taken out of it so you aren't doing a thing but dehydrating your body and making your poo really loose. If you are constipated then go talk to a doctor for a prescription. But you shouldn' t worry unless you go for 5 or 7 days with out a bowel movement. I was going weeks without one and was so addicted to laxatives, suppositories, enimas that I killed my intestine and they had to remove the whole thing....I was only lucky not to be hooked to a colostomy bag yet......But that is not out of my future so just think of having a bag to poo in attached to you for the rest of your life and see if iit is worth it....It isn't!!! I to this day have to be worried about having an accident in my pants!!!!

I also know that when you have a bowel movement it makes your stomach appear very flat. But what has it done for your bottom or legs? What you should do is get into exercise....Whatever you feel badly about eating you can easily burn off with a walk, a bike or some sort of cardiovascular exercise. Just be careful because you can get addicted to that too ( I did)....So if you seriously think a size zero is the right size remember that if your body can't keep that size on normal daily routine then it isn't the right size for you.

You will never get rid of this "disease" of bulemia...It is like alcoholics, you only can be recovering and you need a support group!!!
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2006
Experienced User
macbeck5 wrote:
hi, I don't know if you read my subject about how I became addicted to laxatives but I do know that they will destroy your intestine by making it dependant on it and that what ever you poop out has already had the fat taken out of it so you aren't doing a thing but dehydrating your body and making your poo really loose. If you are constipated then go talk to a doctor for a prescription. But you shouldn' t worry unless you go for 5 or 7 days with out a bowel movement. I was going weeks without one and was so addicted to laxatives, suppositories, enimas that I killed my intestine and they had to remove the whole thing....I was only lucky not to be hooked to a colostomy bag yet......But that is not out of my future so just think of having a bag to poo in attached to you for the rest of your life and see if iit is worth it....It isn't!!! I to this day have to be worried about having an accident in my pants!!!!

I also know that when you have a bowel movement it makes your stomach appear very flat. But what has it done for your bottom or legs? What you should do is get into exercise....Whatever you feel badly about eating you can easily burn off with a walk, a bike or some sort of cardiovascular exercise. Just be careful because you can get addicted to that too ( I did)....So if you seriously think a size zero is the right size remember that if your body can't keep that size on normal daily routine then it isn't the right size for you.

You will never get rid of this "disease" of bulemia...It is like alcoholics, you only can be recovering and you need a support group!!! If you need any support you can email me.

thank you for sharing your story with me I am very sorry about what happened to you and that you had to have part of it removed. I think I have to just accept that I was a "kid" back then and now im a "woman". This is not easy I was always under normal weight and now im normal weight. Its horrible taking laxatives because I was taking correctal(its for women) and once I took 2 pills to start with instead of one and I woke up with horrible stomach pains and I kept going into the bathroom and it was just water coming out it was horrible ! I had to work the next day and I had to keep leaving my desk I was crying wishing I never did it. I am very insecure and paranoid and have been my entire life and I need help I guess to get rid of this. My boyfriend tells me im beautiful and not fat but people can tell you that til your blue in the face but if you don't see it youself it doesnt matter. Thank you guys for helping me and I wish you all the best
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....