Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Testicular Cancer? Or Just Anxiety?

User Profile
Testicular Cancer? Or Just Anxiety
Posted: 02-14-06 8:21pm

Ok so here is my story:

Ever since I had a little bit of discomfort in my genital region specifically the testicles I started doing the google thing online looking at symptoms of different diseases and came along to testicular cancer. I pretty much prodded around down there until my testicle began to hurt (searching for bumps). I noticed that the left testicle had a little swelling at the epididymis and and general discomfort from rubbing around so I visited the doctor...Went to the office and he examined me for a few moments and said

"you are fine...They look fine he says to me...You do not have cancer he says."

i feel good and relieved for the rest of that day but still the discomfort ensues and again I search for signs that I have tc...That night after the doctors visit I notice a small, literally tiny spot that is between the epididymis and the testicle. It feels roughly like a piece of sand or the tip of a pen (that is how small it is). He must have missed it during the exam but its hard to find and you must touch it a certain way to even feel it....Question: should I be concerned about this or take the advice from my general practioner/doctor that I am fine?...Also does size of a bump make a difference? I have read this may be anything from a calcium spot to a cyst.

I am a hypochondriac with a lot of anxiety (which tends to make my symptoms worse) I would appreciate it if others who have experienced this sort of thing to reply...


Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2006
Cancers Answer A478
A typical symptom/sign for testicular cancer is agrowing mass on one of the testicles (not painful). Pain is typical for testicle inflammations but not for tumors of the testicle. It is normal that testicles are painfully sensitive to touch. Testicular tumors (benign or malignant) are not sensitive and they don’t hurt... especially not at the beginning of the disease. I recommend you to visit an urologist if you notice that the spot you’ve mentioned has started to grow.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.