I am really glad to have the opportunity to share with all of you! I do not know anyone who has the health issues I deal with, and have been feeling really isolated.
I was diagnosed with lupus and fibromyalgia a little over a year ago. The diagnosis came after almost 8 years of extreme fatigue, widespread pain, lots of sudden drug allergies, constant sinus and respritory illnesses, and picking up every little bug that came my way. I was a teacher and was always sick. My primary Dr. Tried to help, but nothing seemed to help. He finally (after trying every drug known to man) referred me to a rheumatologist who figured it out. There is no history of lupus in my family, and everyone else in my family is strong and healthy. I have a history of mono (5 times), athsma, and allergies. I quit teaching in march, and at this point cannot imagine ever going back to work. My husband and I moved to az. Injune from southwest fla. Between my poor health, the principal from hell and living through too many hurricane seasons, I was completely burned out. I have been sleeping for months! The lack of humidity in az. Has helped. I just wonder if I will ever feel human again! Thank you for letting me get this all out. Other people just don't understand!

Susanrh
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 28th, 2006
Welcome! Hope you like it here!

I also have fibro and lupus so pm anytime you need to chat or vent!

Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....