Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Sudden Increase of Heart Rate & Quivering In Chest

Anyone had there heart rate just for no reason go above 100?... This has been starting to happen to me almost on a daily basis now. Usually i'm setting with this happens. Took almost hours to get it down below 100 yesterday. Blood pressure has been highter then normal as well. Usually i'm at 115 over 60 something at rest. Now with the heart racing it gets to about 136 over 80. Also have felt some quivering in the center of my chest & then feel a thump!!!

I do not have a history of heart disease, 33, 110 pounds. They are putting a holter monitor on me tomorrow to see why I have been getting arythmias.

I am scared. :(

blue
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2006
Re: Sudden Increase of Heart Rate & Quivering In Chest
blue_streak_creations wrote:
anyone had there heart rate just for no reason go above 100?... This has been starting to happen to me almost on a daily basis now. Usually i'm setting with this happens. Took almost hours to get it down below 100 yesterday. Blood pressure has been highter then normal as well. Usually i'm at 115 over 60 something at rest. Now with the heart racing it gets to about 136 over 80. Also have felt some quivering in the center of my chest & then feel a thump!!!

I do not have a history of heart disease, 33, 110 pounds. They are putting a holter monitor on me tomorrow to see why I have been getting arythmias.

I am scared. :(

blue
hey dude.I had the same exact problem. Though im only 15 years of age. They put me on a holter monitor.They didnt find anything. They also gave me a list and they said to mark down whatever I do at what time and how I was feeling when I did such a thing. They found zip!

I have no idea whats happening. But im willing to do anything for it to go away. Anyway. Try contact me from anywhere you can. Private message me or somthing I dont care. thanks blue. Contact me when ever possible.
|

replied February 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Holter monitor came back & my heart is fine. I am now on a beta blocker for the time being to get my heart rate down. They also have me on an anxiety medication for awhile, just to get me back on track. Have had a problem with anxiety since I started having problems with my gallbladder & had surgery to remove it this past april. Also my husband lost his job last october & he was in the hospital this past year as well. So it's not been a good year.

I am also having some bad problems with heartburn since gallbladder surgery & take prilosec. Heartburn, if bad enough, can mimic heart pain as the nerves in your esophagus & heart overlap in your chest. It can also cause a rapid heart rate.

Blue
|

replied February 24th, 2006
Experienced User
Stress does a number on the body! I would cut caffeine out=i had a high heart rate after I had a minor stroke (i'm 32) they told me no soda, tea, coffee and my heart rate is now in the eighties. I lost ten pounds and exercise. I just got the green light that I am healthy. What a relief. When you feel stress why don't you try yoga or listen to some nice music. You would be surprised how the body response to that!!
|

replied February 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi jennys11,
you gave some good advice. I totally agree it's stress, as it's been a bad year for me & hubby. Dr said it's anxiety attacks, everything this past year built up on me. I hardly drink caffeine, maybe one cup of coffee in the morning. I've been an avid exerciser for the past decade & walking on the treadmill for a good 20 minute stretch or another form of exercise definitely helps my stress levels. I've been able to get my heart rate back down between 70/80. When I feel it going back up, because of anxiety, I do a lot of slow breathing. Something else i'm finding helps with the stress/anxiety when I can't sleep, is taking valerian root at night. It definitely helps to get a good nights sleep.

Hope everything continues well with your health.

Blue
|

replied February 5th, 2009
A heart attack normally presents as "crushing" chest pain which may radiate up to the left shoulder and down the left arm. The arm has no somatic innervation so it cannot feel pain per se. However it does transmit a different form of pain through the same nerves that take arm pain through to the brain. This pain is one that hurts on its own.

|

replied February 5th, 2009
It hurts on its own. However, it is not the nexk that hurts but rather a pain that goes up the left arm , through the shoulder and into the jaw.
indigestion is more of a burning sensation and affects a larger area - daft as it sounds.

|

replied February 8th, 2010
Increase in blood pressure
(Fear)=Anxiety of something even happening will cause this; flying, thoughts of death etc. will spur you subconscious into "Flight or Fight" mode just learn to relax and calm your neurotransmitters.-you maybe hyperventilating due too anxiety!

If you are ADDICTED TO ANYTHING that might release dopamine unnatruarlly i.e. Nicotine(yes that means dipping as well), caffefine, artificial sugars, etc. and you quit cold turkey or abuse these substances severely, this will be a major contributing cause ESCPICALLY T.H.C. AND ENERGY DRINKS.

If you work out alot and dont rest atleast 2-3 days a week this will also be a factor!

This symptom of sudden heart racing is not to be feared but rather respceted. address it, see a docter, eat healthy, drink LOTS of water, sleep well (takes some melatonin), and lay off and sedatives or adrenaline "boosters". you dont need them and it will save you money. Respect your body and it will respect you! Wink
|

replied February 8th, 2010
O0o yea the more you "fear" you condition becoming worse or having an onset, the more often it will happen!
|

replied February 9th, 2010
Blue,

Your condition seems serious to me because of the overlapping of symptoms condition. You are advised to seek medical diagnostic first.
Conditions like yours should be taken seriously judging for the unreasonable high heart rate.
|

replied September 30th, 2011
heart
you might have what i have and its psvt or svt, the way to stop the fast heart rate is through the val salva maneuver. take a very very very deep breath in and hold it, push it to the bottom of your lungs, wait a a few seconds like 5 seconds or as long as you can and you may feel a very slight lightness, but let go and it should stop. if not the first time, try it the second time.. if this helps, then you might have SVT. there are few different ways of curing it, and one is when youre having an attack they insert a wire from your pelvic/leg area all the way to the heart and zap that extra activity thats going on in your heart, but the issue with this always is that you can never make it to the doc at the right time and no 24hour halter will help because it may or may not happen in those 24 hours. if it doesnt happen then the halter will clearly miss it, and the episodes happen quite spontaneously so i dono. take care of yourself and practice slow long breaths, it could be anxiety and SVT, regardless see a doctor if youre worried or noticing a big difference in comparison to your past.
|

replied May 12th, 2014
I just had it in the past two hours. My usual heart rate is about 55-60 and blood pressure is about 76/120. But for the past two hours the rate was 76 and blood pressure were 83/138. I felt heart pounding and heavy breath and felt hot. Not comfortable at all. laying down can make me feel better but I could not fall in sleep. The 76 heart rate is more unbearable than the 150 I had when I ran. I had this problem for a long time (not every day but happens occasionally). But this time I am pretty clear what the reason was. I have been under heavy pressure on a task which comes in the coming weeks with very little time to prepare and the stake of success is high. I am quite busy. Last night a couple of problems of different matter happens but I must fix them. Otherwise not only the problematic matters will bring a lot of trouble to me but also hinder my major task big time. I spent almost whole night to figure out what was wrong. Luckily not disastrous nature and I fixed it by 6am and got less than 2 hour of sleep. Today I worked whole day and ate dinner. At dinner I started to feel the heart rate hike and not feeling good. I had been under sheer stress in the past few months and the stress is getting bigger. I think this is the case. I did not specify what troubles me but you get the idea. Stress is very powerful and damaging. Each one has to figure out a way to deal with it. We all know try to keep stress away and know a few ways to do so. But sometimes it just happens not matter what you do. A lot of things are out of our own control. Deal with is and this is real life.
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....