I am 32 weeks and for the last few months have had aching in the same spot of my upper left back. Seems like an odd place to have aches, but I do. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and what helped. I don't know if it is my big belly giving me bad posture or what. Any advice??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Was it sorta around the bottom of your shoulder blade?
|

replied February 16th, 2006
Kind of.....Laying down always makes it go away and I don't get it until I have been up and around a lot. It's like a sore muscle kind of feeling.
|

I'm hoping you are not going to tell me this is something bad........Ugh.
|

Especially eHealthy
I had that when I was about 20 weeks preggy...I was terrified because it was a "one sided" pain and supposedly that's not a good thing...I talked to my Dr. About it and it is due to different muscles stretching to accomidate your growing belly...Pretty soon the other side will ache or maybe both at the same time...

You should have nothing to worry about...If it is unbearable than call your Dr....He/she can tell you what to do to relieve your pain!

Good luck!!
Sarah
|

I have the back pain. I am 33weeks. But I have it in my upper and lower back. I went to the hospital last night and they told me that is was normal. Lower pain from the head and the upper pain from the weight that I am carrying. Though I think my upper pain is from being sick I have strep throat...I hope you feel better. When is your due date? Mine is april 5th with a boy but will probably have him b4 that. I cant wait either...All the pain is making me hateful. Goodluck with everything.
|

Especially eHealthy
I'm due in the 1st week of may!! I make 30 weeks tomorrow!! This whole experience is crazy..This is my 1st baby and i'm jotting down everything so that i'm not as paranoid next time!! Lol...

Sarah
|

Experienced User
No nothing bad just that I get the same problem (i'm 31 wks pg) and it seems to get worse with bad posture and your right, laying down does help I also found that mild pain killers help when it gets really bad. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...