User Profile
September 21st, 2006
Community Volunteer
Even with as chequered a teenhood as mine I have only seen one circumsized penis up close and personal. (in real as opposed to in a book)
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I would .N.E.V.E.R circumcize my son. But I do have my reasons....

I, personally, would never pot my child through any unnecessary pain. The procedure prob doesn't hurt them, but the days after are a b*tch!

My .Fiance isn't circumcised becasue he's of .Sicilian decent. None of his 3 brothers are either.

I don't want my son to grow up feeling *different* than his daddy.

If you can teach a little boy to wipe his butt, then you can teach a little boy to clean his wee wee!!

Baron has *never* had any problems with his penis being uncircumcised. No infection or stds.

I guess it's all in the culture you are.

But I don't judge people for doing it...That's just retarded. I can't say "hey, you're a bad mom for circumcizing your child" because the doctors suggest that you get it done.

Sarah
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
If I ever have a son,i'd get em done.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:
i would .N.E.V.E.R circumcize my son. But I do have my reasons....


I, personally, would never pot my child through any unnecessary pain. The procedure prob doesn't hurt them, but the days after are a b*tch!


My .Fiance isn't circumcised becasue he's of .Sicilian decent. None of his 3 brothers are either.


I don't want my son to grow up feeling *different* than his daddy.


would you feel differently is baron was circumsized? I only ask because of the last comment I quoted.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yea.....I would.....But would prob be with someone from a different culture..Ya know?

Like I said...Only because I don't want him feeling different from his daddy.

I don't like the pain...But I know they're young and won't remember a thing. I'm just glad .Baron isn't, so I don't have to go through watching my son cry everytime I change his die-die! Crying or Very sad

sarah
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
From what i've heard it heals very quickly (a few days?) and as long as you keep it lubed up with vaseline so it doesn't stick to the gauze it should be fine. Should I really expect him to cry every time I change his diaper?

I'd love someone who's had their son done tell me what to expect.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
We were there when .Baron's god child came home from being circumcised. It was horrrible. It looked like a penis with a cherry on top!! He was screaming soooo hard he started to hold him breath.

They were cleaning it with alcohol(feel the burn) and then lubed it up. His mommy was balling her eyes out because her newborn was in sooo much pain.

I then, was like thank you jesus I don't have to get my son's done! Lol..

I'm sure you'll get mixed reviews of the aftermath of the procedure. I know it only took like a week *tops* to heal.

But he's 20 months now and having problems with it. It's starting to fuse back to the head. Which happens a lot more than people think.

Eeekkk...It scares me just thinking about it!

Sarah
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
babymajic0506 wrote:

but I don't judge people for doing it...That's just retarded. I can't say "hey, you're a bad mom for circumcizing your child"
sarah


.I agree. Some of the early posts on this topic were just stupid - people calling each other child abusers and stuff. I mean, I don't particularly like seeing babies with pierced ears but I wouldn't be calling .Social .Services on the mother!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I get mixed comments about my daughters ears. And the fact that I pierced them myself (with a piercing gun)

some people absolutely lovvvee them....And some people are like "how could you do that to yur child?!"

everyone's views are different....Which is why we're human!!

Sarah
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Amen to that!!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
My mom got my ears pierced when I was young and I see nothing wrong with it.I also see nothing wrong with being circumcized.Its the parents opinion.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2006
Supporter
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
i'd love someone who's had their son done tell me what to expect.

do you mind who it's from? I think I may have posted bits of my children's' experiences on here, but if you have specific questions you want to know, i'll be happy to answer them Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
michelle1981 wrote:
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
i'd love someone who's had their son done tell me what to expect.

do you mind who it's from? I think I may have posted bits of my children's' experiences on here, but if you have specific questions you want to know, i'll be happy to answer them Wink


i'm sure i'll get some sort of aftercare instructions from my doctor (she'll be doing the procedure) but I guess i'm just wondering if he'll seem uncomfortable or cry every time I change him or bathe him. How long did it take for your boys to heal?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
michelle1981 wrote:
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
i'd love someone who's had their son done tell me what to expect.

do you mind who it's from? I think I may have posted bits of my children's' experiences on here, but if you have specific questions you want to know, i'll be happy to answer them Wink


i'm sure i'll get some sort of aftercare instructions from my doctor (she'll be doing the procedure) but I guess i'm just wondering if he'll seem uncomfortable or cry every time I change him or bathe him. How long did it take for your boys to heal?


now a days there is no medical reason for a cercumsision. And that is why insurance doesn't pay for it anymore.

Amelia isn't a boy and hasn't had any surgeries (thank god) but I have to say that every time changed her diaper in the beginning she cried like she wasn't going to make it. You would have thought I was killing her. She shows a lot of discomfort while being changed and while bathing her. You should expect that with a new baby anyway.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
So .Gen, if you were having a boy...Would you circumcise him?

Just wondering because of the insurance statement.

Sarah
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2006
Supporter
sunflower_pie81 wrote:
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
michelle1981 wrote:
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
i'd love someone who's had their son done tell me what to expect.

do you mind who it's from? I think I may have posted bits of my children's' experiences on here, but if you have specific questions you want to know, i'll be happy to answer them Wink


i'm sure i'll get some sort of aftercare instructions from my doctor (she'll be doing the procedure) but I guess i'm just wondering if he'll seem uncomfortable or cry every time I change him or bathe him. How long did it take for your boys to heal?


now a days there is no medical reason for a cercumsision. And that is why insurance doesn't pay for it anymore.

Amelia isn't a boy and hasn't had any surgeries (thank god) but I have to say that every time changed her diaper in the beginning she cried like she wasn't going to make it. You would have thought I was killing her. She shows a lot of discomfort while being changed and while bathing her. You should expect that with a new baby anyway.
\
they sure do lol

.Bridget, I didn't notice a change in cries really. I think the first change may be really tender for them, but there was no difference in cries. If you make sure to slap a lot of vaseline on the tip of his penis and around the area, you will feel more discomfort changing him than he will.

As for the video, I watched it first hand. I held his little hand during the procedure and feel more at rest with my decision in doing so. If I have anymore boys, they will be done also.

I respect all mothers and their choices Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Jess
Im sorry I hav to agree with allie its so mean an if your worried about getting an infection clean the bloody thing be a mother would you do it if you had a daughter no so dont do it to a boy hear in australia every one tells you it dosnt need to be done its very rear hear an we dont hav people dying my partner got an infection when he was 12 do gave him cream for the week an it was gone no problems since hes 25 now are u goin to chop there finger of because it gets dirty wash it grow up be a mother
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Jess
erinjacob wrote:
im sorry I hav to agree with allie its so mean an if your worried about getting an infection clean the bloody thing be a mother would you do it if you had a daughter no so dont do it to a boy hear in australia every one tells you it dosnt need to be done its very rear hear an we dont hav people dying my partner got an infection when he was 12 do gave him cream for the week an it was gone no problems since hes 25 now are u goin to chop there finger of because it gets dirty wash it grow up be a mother
wow,you should try to make sense when you talk. . .And hun, fingers are different than penis'!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Jess
erinjacob wrote:
im sorry I hav to agree with allie its so mean an if your worried about getting an infection clean the bloody thing be a mother would you do it if you had a daughter no so dont do it to a boy hear in australia every one tells you it dosnt need to be done its very rear hear an we dont hav people dying my partner got an infection when he was 12 do gave him cream for the week an it was gone no problems since hes 25 now are u goin to chop there finger of because it gets dirty wash it grow up be a mother



im sorry people who are circumsized are less prone for certain stds as well as std that cause prostate cancer, the amount of people who had been circumsized they notcied a drop in prostate cancer. As well infection is less and it is more clean.

There are pros and cons to being circumsized

i am a mother and had my son done and will never regret it I think it is the best thing I could have done, I know that my son wont get an infection even with the chances being high.


If you dont like that then dont get your kids vaccinated, they dont work 100% and some vaccines are actually bad for your kids!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2006
Supporter
Re: Jess
erinjacob wrote:
im sorry I hav to agree with allie its so mean an if your worried about getting an infection clean the bloody thing be a mother would you do it if you had a daughter no so dont do it to a boy hear in australia every one tells you it dosnt need to be done its very rear hear an we dont hav people dying my partner got an infection when he was 12 do gave him cream for the week an it was gone no problems since hes 25 now are u goin to chop there finger of because it gets dirty wash it grow up be a mother

so you tell me when your son is 8 years old, how he handles his mommy cleaning his wang!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....