I am 36 weeks and 3 days and so far through the whole pregnancy i've had no braxton hicks contracations. I was wondering when you have any contraction, real or bh....Does the baby move during this time, or not move at all while having contractions? I was in the store last night and got quite a cramp in my lower right side of my stomach, and not sure what it was. I was just at the dr yesterday and everything is going really good. Just wondering if I possibly had a bh contraction. Again today I was feeling crampy in about the same spot only this time the baby was moving like crazy. Is it possible she's starting to drop? Sorry for so many questions, this is my first pregnancy and I don't know what all to expect. Thanks!
-hopeful
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 11th, 2006
Experienced User
It could either be growing pains or bh contractions...Your fine=) your body is just preparing for the big day
|

User Profile
replied February 11th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Well i've had braxton hicks and contractions (to me the contractions feel like the bh only with pain) and when I get them I still feel the baby move. I am not sure what you felt was the bh or contraction but I don't know. Most likely you have had bh and you just haven't been feeling them. They're normally quite painless and they just feel like pressure but I have heard that some women never feel them (but they do get them).
|

replied February 12th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hopefulmjz,

how are you, sweetie?? Getting close now--right? Fast and safe delivery to you.

May your life be wonderfully blessed by this baby's arrival.

.God bless you,

joanna
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks for the replies, I still don't know what that pain was myself! I'm wondering if it wasn't just a cramp cuz the pain didn't go away like a contraction would. Haven't had it since. But now I know that the baby does move when you have contractions. For some odd reason I thought the baby was still when a contraction occured. I don't know why I thought that tho lol.

Thanks for your support joanna! The baby shower was yesterday and I never imagined we'd get this much stuff! We're just hoping it all fits in her room!!
My due date is march 8th, so yes we're getting real close now. Can't wait to finally see those little hands and feet that have been keeping me up all night! Take care!

-hopeful
|

Extremely eHealthy
Babys do get a lot quieter while in labor. Or maybe we just dont think about--or notice it as much. Maybe it is just an old wives tale. But I always heard that too--and one of mine especially--every time I had "bh" contractions he would completely quit moving. The other 2 I noticed while in true labor they didnt move much.

Wonderful on your baby shower--my kids would have given me mine--but since none of them are here--i guess I wont be having one at all. But thats okay. Once family knows the baby's have come--i will make up for it--i am sure!!

Yes, march 8th is really close now--feb short month too!!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...