Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Need Opinions/ Reassurance

My girlfriend start taking birth control a month ago. On the night she was to take her last bc pill we had unprotected sex but only momentairly. I didnt ejaculate or anything but im sure some of the other fluid came out, all in all it was about 5 seconds tops. Afterwards she took her pill as she had been everyday before. Less than 48 hours later she got her period. Im wondering what the chances are that she could have become pregnant from our "action" im not sure if bc takes a month to begin working, or if it starts right away, and seeing as how she took the last pill that night im also wondering if that could work as a disadvantage since there would be no other form of contreceptive for about the next 36 hours til she got her period. Any comments would be very helpful! Thanks for reading!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 9th, 2006
The chances of her becoming pregnant are very slim. When you first start the pill, it takes about 2 weeks for it to start working...If she was on her last hormonal pill of the pack, it should already be in her system and working. Plus, she had her period...So really no worries. Also, mind you, even if you have unprotected sex for only a few seconds or so, she can still get pregnant. Pre-cum is the most potent in sperm compared to regular cum. Remember, the pill is not 100% effective. Hope this helped!
|

Could u give me some figures, as in, 1 in 100, 1 in 1,000. I'm sorry for the trouble, anything anyone can share with me would be helpful!
|

Ha, I dont know about figures...But I do know her chances of pregnancy are very slim. If you are really worried, you should have her buy a home pregnancy test. Hope this helped. :)
|

The statistics are 5 in 100 for oral contraceptives. Which means for every 100 women taking them 5 will become pregnant while using them.
|

Experienced User
The statistics I have heard are for every 100 women taking the pill correctly every day, only one will get pregnant.
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2006
Experienced User
a Statistics Student
Ok if you want figures, i'll give you figures

here it goes...

If your gf is taking the pill on the same time everyday and haven't missed one her chances of being pregnant is 1 out of 100

if your gf the pill on different times or what we call (typical use) it's 5-8 out of 100 chance

but here are the things that you should take into consideration...Since she already had her period...It means she's not really that fertile that time...And since she almost had took the pill for a month maybe she didn't even ovulate...So the chances would be slimmer estimated by about 1 out of 200 when it comes to (perfect use) and approximately 5-8 out of 200 when it comes to (typical use) I hope I did helped...

Well if you are still nervous she can take the pregnancy test (in planned parenthood) they can detect pregnancy earlier than home pregnancy test does...

If you have more questions...I suggest that you can visit websites like Plannedparenthood.Com or Teenwire.Com they kinda have a faq portion...It is really informative...

Sorry for my long reply..
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...