Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Bc Side Effects Vs. Pregnant "side Effects."

I've been on the pill(tri-cyclen) steady for three months now but only this month i've found some changes. I'm just curious if alarm bells that ring to the tune of "pregnancy" should be ringing instead of "minor side effects."

i've just noticed in the past week a very distinct difference in the consistency and even the odour of my vaginal discharge. My discharge is greater in amount and varies throughout the day, however the colour is consistent white or clear. The odour will disappear after a bath but be back within hours. My boyfriend and sister who I share a washroom and occasionally pants with hasn't noticed so I may just be crazy but I never really had much of an odour before.

Additionally i've felt nauseous occasionally but haven't thrown up, or experienced it always at the typical morning hours.

I managed to miss one pill, I made up for it by taking another, but then missed the one at the scheduled time right after and I believe I had unprotected sex 3 days later (because i'm a genius like that... *sighs*)

should I be worried about pregnancy? And if so would an over the counter method of testing be suitable since my estrogen levels may be higher due to the pill?

Thanks for your time.
Kim
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi. I've had a lot of pregnancy scares on the pill, because it makes you feel like you're pregnant even when you're not. You said you missed the pill a couple times, so I would buy a first response test. The higher level of estrogen in your system will have no effect on the pregnancy test. Good luck!
|

replied February 9th, 2006
Thanks! I will definitely be getting one. I wouldn't want to find out 4 months into pregnancy or anything like that!
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Well, an unsually odor on the vaginal discharge...Isn't really a sign or symptom of pregnancy...Are you sure you didn't get an std or something? Well...If you are sure then maybe you just have these minor infection..You may want to check with you gyne too about that prob even if you found out that you are not preggy...You can buy first response or those early pregnancy test..They can detect pregnancy like 7-10 days after conception
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...