Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Ok Guys One More Question. Night Or Day?

User Profile
I have been reading posts here and alot of people take there pills at night, is this the best thing to do? I was going to take mine at 12 everyday but would you reccomend night is better? I know some people get sick from it so is it better to take it before you sleep or in the afternoon?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 8th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It is all about your preference and what makes it easiest for you to remember:) many women can remember it at night when they go to sleep, but during the busy worday may forget to take it while at work.
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Okay thank you :)
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Take It At Night
I decided to take mine at night.. Right after I use the skin cleanser at night...It is easier to remember because night times are not hectic and busy...It's easier to remember..I haven's missed a pill yet
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I agree night may be easier, and might help you remember it more, right before bed. If you know what I mean!!!
|

replied February 14th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
>_> I take mine in the mornings lol. They're right on top of my desk sitting next to my computer, and that's where I go first thing when I wake up! So before I go over to the bathroom I just punch one out and take it before I brush my teeth!
|

Experienced User
I take mine at 11 pm, because I know i'll always be awake then. I've never felt sick from it, but it's best when your stomach has something in it.
|

Especially eHealthy
Heh, I don't take it at the same time every day because I wake up at different times every day! However, as long as you take the pill withing 6 hours of when you took the last one, you're fine. So say I took one at 10:30am today, and I take one at 8:30am tomorrow; i'm still fine. That's what my days are like ;)
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
When I was on bc (i just quit) I used to put the pills right next to my toothbrush. This way every morning, I would get up and see those pills (helped me not to forget one) and take it after I brushed.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...