Hi, I am very new to this forum. I am 36 and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 7 months.
Yesterday my gyno attempted a hsg but after 6 or 7 attempts was unsuscessful as my cervix was too tight to allow the tube to go through. My gyno said this is probably the reason why we have not conceived yet and although my next appointment is not for a few days, I imagine the trouble is that my cervix is just too small to allow sperm to pass through sucessfully. Does anybody have any experience with this or have any advice for me?
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks,
fennelop
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 7th, 2006
I had the same problem a couple of years ago, I went to the hospital to have the procedue done and the x-ray tech was not able to put the tube through my cervix, so I had to re-schedule my appt and have it done again but this time my doctor did the procedure and had no problem putting the tube through and everything was fine as far as my tubes. I'm not sure your cervix is the problem, sometimes it could be the person performing the procedure. Do you have regular cycles? If so that should be an indication your cervix opens to allow your af through, I would assume if your cervix was that tight it would not allow af....But then again i'm not an expert. Also have you had any prior procedures done to your cervix such as cryo, biopsy, etc sometimes scar tissue can prevent an hsg to be performed correctly. Keep your head up and hopefully your doc will have a solution to your problem, i'm sure.
|

It was my doc that performed the hsg. He is now suggesting a hysteroscopy instead - my periods are regular every 28 days, although painful so there is a possibility of endometriosis but further tests will need to explore that issue.

Appreciate your reply :)
|

Good luck on your procedure and again keep your head up at least you are not getting to the bottom of why you are not conceiving. If its any help I heard after procedures like hsg and hysteroscopy women become pregnant shortly after.
|

replied February 8th, 2006
Many thanks. I will keep you updated on my next apt.
:)
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....