Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acne and Skin Disorders Forum

White Bumps on Skin are Irritated...how can I Treat them...p

User Profile
well just recently two bumps appears as pimples and have white puss like stuff coming out of them one is on my arm by my arm pit and it is very painful to the touch it is as though it has a lot of build up in i accidently messed with it and it has turned into such as a sore all scabbed up it it very red around it maybe about and inch all the way around and it hurts and seems to be very hot i also seem to have one on my rear end but its not scabbed up cuz i really couldnt mess with it it hurts severely and seems to be swollen on both rear and arm . i am trying to figure out what it is it seems that they showed up after a very stressful time i was going through and the one on my rear i squeezed it a lil and a head like a pimple came out then so did some blood but there seems to be a build up of fluid inside both and wondering what they are ive never had any thing like this severe or painful like this!!!!! so i would like to find out what it could be or just more an understanding of it . it also seems to be some what infected or lost of bacterial stuff in it i keep cleaning it and checking both of them hoping it will take down some of the pain or swollenness it also seems theres a break out of more of them smaller on my rear end and they are not painful appear to be puss like pimples but seems to be not to bother just the two really big one the one on my reare it about two inches around swollen and every sore it seems as though it hurts to put pressure on either one of them on my arm or rear . Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2006
Acne, Skin Disorders Answer A888
Bumps like those that you describe are frequently diagnosed as furuncles (inflammation of hair follicle) or inflamed atheromas (inflammation of a sebaceous gland). You can see a dermatologist for diagnosis and treatment options, such as applying an antibiotic balsam to the affected area or surgical intervention (incision), for example.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.