My mom has been in pain since 2001. She had a total knee replacement and the doc put the knee in wrong. Her leg was malrotated. Well, she went through alot of physical therepy and nothing helped. These doctors just didn't seem to care! She ended up going back to a different doctor and he took the knee out and did it right. Then, months after that surgery and tons of more physical therepy, she ended up getting a strep infection in her leg. She really could have died. The doc was saying he may have to take her leg, but instead put a rod in and yet again "fixed the leg". My mom is still in alot of pain and now at high risk for infection. If the first doctor had done his job right, none of this would be going on! She has tried to sue, but no one will take the case, mainly because everyone is buddy buddy with this moron. I don't know if she will be in pain for the rest of her life, but I wish someone could help sue to atleast make up for medical bills. My poor mom has been through alot. This did not have to happen...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Re: Knee Surgery And Infection
curious_girl82 wrote:
my mom has been in pain since 2001. She had a total knee replacement and the doc put the knee in wrong. Her leg was malrotated. Well, she went through alot of physical therepy and nothing helped. These doctors just didn't seem to care! She ended up going back to a different doctor and he took the knee out and did it right. Then, months after that surgery and tons of more physical therepy, she ended up getting a strep infection in her leg. She really could have died. The doc was saying he may have to take her leg, but instead put a rod in and yet again "fixed the leg". My mom is still in alot of pain and now at high risk for infection. If the first doctor had done his job right, none of this would be going on! She has tried to sue, but no one will take the case, mainly because everyone is buddy buddy with this person. I don't know if she will be in pain for the rest of her life, but I wish someone could help sue to atleast make up for medical bills. My poor mom has been through alot. This did not have to happen...

dear curious_girl82,

you might get better results if you post your question in the orthopedics, hip, knee replacement forum. It seems most appropriate there. Please feel free to create another post there and see how it goes! Or you can ask our doctor and get a personalized response in just days. Feel free to write us at username: admin if you find it hard to get connected to ehealthforum.

Sincerely, admin
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....