Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Infection not Healing after Sugery for Hernia

User Profile
I had my 5th hernia repaired September 26,05. During surgery doctor found a cyst the size of a softball in my ovary this was removed also. Had mesh put in and a jackson prat drain. Drain remained in for over a month and was remove, one week later I had a absess. Two weeks later doctor opened me back up and put a versatile 1 wound vac on this was done Dec 1st. I know have an infection and still have the wound vac on it is Febuary 7th and I still am not heald? Can some one give me some advies is this normal??? I keep getting told " I dont relize how bad it was" I do just need some answers. Thank you

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2006
Hernia Answer A389
One of the possible complications of surgery is infection, such as an abscess. You can ask your surgeon the possible causes for such a complication and request more information about the proper antibiotics to treat an infection. You can also ask your supervising physician about information regarding a diet to decrease weight. Being overweight can impede overall health and immune system function.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.