Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Light Period And Spotting -- Could I Be Pregnant?

I have been consulting posts and other things online but now the situation is getting so complicated that I feel like I have to post my own thread ...

So basically I have been having (unprotected) sex with my boyfriend for about two months now. Now, recently we thought I might be pregnant, so I took the morning after pill, within 72 hours of the first time we had had unprotected sex since my last period. Apparently this is 60% effective (since it was so late since the possible impregnation). Then, maybe a week later, I got my period. However, although it seemed pretty usual at first, it tapered off almost immediately, like within 12-24 hours, until it was basically just spotting for the last 3 days. It "ended" two days ago. Then yesterday I decided to take another pregnancy test, and it was negative; however, the second window (the one with the pregnancy line, not the control) turned pinkish, but not like a line, the whole window took on a pinkish hue, almost immediately. Then today I got brownish spotting ...

... So my question is, is it possible I am pregnant? Since I "had" my period, shouldn't a test be pretty effective at this point? Should I take another test or does it seem like it's probably fine ... (i don't know, maybe the weird period is because of the morning after pill?)?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...