Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Tested Negative for Lupus and ANA Test Results

User Profile
Just curious about my ANA results. They are in low titers, 1:80, but I do have pains in my joints. No real BIG symptoms though. I was tested for lupus just incase, and that was negative. I have had quite a few experiences with my body going numb and tingly(legs,arms..) Is there anything I should really be worried about? I also had cervical dysplasia, can ANAs affect this? And, can ANAs affect a pregnancy?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 22nd, 2006
Lupus Answer A372
The symptoms you describe (pain in joints, numbness and tingle) could mean anything or…nothing at all. You might bring more attention to the cervical displasia, however. If it is a second or third grade diagnosis, it should be taken very seriously! ANAs do not affect dysplasia or a pregnancy but possible a HPV-infection will. You can request a HPV-serology to identify a possible infection.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lupus , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.