My eyelids have been twitching in both eyes for near 2 months now. My eye doctor gave me some aclovate cream whch isnt helping much.What causes your eyelids to twitch? I am not stressed out, I get enough sleep. And has anybody use aclovate cream before?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2006
Just My 2 Cents...
As i'm typing now, my lower left lid is twitching and my right top lid is too... I haven't gotten any medical attention or advice on this but I just always blame it on my nerves... Usually when they twitch, i'm having anxiety or stress problems, but since they've recently begun twitching again (it could go on for months), I feel i'm not overly anxious or upset/depressed about anything at the moment...I'm more stressed about the twitching than anything else b/c it's so annoying... I honestly don't know what kind of doctor to present this too but I recently had a routine eye exam and he couldn't help... At one point I took a muscle relaxer cuz it's supposed to be a muscle spasm but I don't know if it worked cuz I went to sleep...Haha sorry I probably didn't help much... If you find out anything, let me know cuz this is extremely annoying...

Ts1~
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Experienced User
My eyelids are still twitching. Not all the time, but dam near everyday. I wish I knew why. What about u?
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Experienced User
I get that too! Its from stress, thats what mine are from.
|

replied April 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Mine have yet to stop twitching for about 4 months now
|

replied March 11th, 2008
Experienced User
Abnormal Eye Blinking - A Symptom Of Tardive Dyskinesia
I have come across lots of people having such abnormally rapid eyelid twitching sickness before and most of the cases are actually diagnosed as one of the symptoms of Tardive Dyskinesia (neuroleptic medication-induced repetitive, involuntary, purposeless facial muscle movements)

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/92199009 8.html

http://www.webportal.com.my/forum/fo...s.a sp?TID=4437
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
some times eye twitching is caused by lack of sleep and lack of vitamins. i simply take a nap or take a multi vitamin
|

replied April 19th, 2008
Experienced User
Abnormal Eye Blinking
Yup, I quite agree. However, in the case of EPS (extrapyramidal symptoms) such as Tardive Dyskinesia for which hemifacial spasms (especially the purposeless rapid eye blinking) is one of its side effects which is in turn induced by most AAP's (atypical antipsychotics) that cause disturbances to the dopamine receptors, simple and normal natural therapies like taking more sleep/rest simply would not help at all under most of such circumstances.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/ common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/ healthatoz/Atoz/ency/tardive_dyskinesia.js p

http://www.knowledgeofhealth.com/report.as p?story=Tardive+Dyskinesia+Horror+Stories& amp;catagory=Conventional+Medicine,+Drugs, +Brain

http://www.webportal.com.my/forum/forum_po sts.asp?TID=4437
|

replied July 14th, 2008
More than that
Hi all,
I've had eye twitches in the right eye for about 8 months. Some days its frequent like all day long and even as I am falling asleep. I went for a period of about 1 week where it didn't happen at all and I thought that was the end of it. Alas it came back with a vengeance even worse than before. I've intuited that it has something to do with diet because during that week I had stopped eating sugars of any kind. (No bread, pasta, rice, fruit, sugar, potatoes or honey) I am going to be starting that diet again in a few days so I will keep you posted on the results. I must note that I am not on any medication nor have I ever been on any medication regularly aside from antibiotics here and there to treat infections. So in reference to the poster who responded with the syndrome arising from neuropleptic (spelling?) drugs that doesn't refer to my case at all. I've also felt that its related to some nerve pinching going on in the upper spinal cord close to the neck and to stress. In a few instances I have noted stiffness of neck and back muscles and stressful situations that are related to the persistence and intensity of the eyelid twitch even though I may not feel tension in my body or stress in my mind/heart.
More later... thanks
|

replied July 17th, 2008
Experienced User
I quite agree with you
I quite agree with you.

In my case, the self-administered acupucnture treatment has actually helped me and the rest with the same problems to strengthen the nerves around our eyes against those annoying twitchings.

And nowadays (after I get totally cured some years ago) my eyes rarely get overstrained that easily even after I have worked on hours of overtime job sometimes in front of a PC.
|

replied November 9th, 2008
rapid eye blinking
my eyes have been rapidly blinking for years, and it has been really ruining my life, i tried stopping caffiene more sleep, all sorts with no change, i have recently been to an eye specailist who said the next step would be botox to relax the muscles, but i have managed to cure it myself, i realised it would do it more when i had less sleep and i was more fatigued but it hard to just have more sleep, i also realised i was feeling tired a lot as well, so my friend suggested i could be anemic, so i got some iron tablets(ferrous sulphate tablets--200mg) from the chemist and within a couple of weeks of taking 3 of these a day my eyes have improved so much, it is like a big weight has been lifted of my shoulders, hope this helps somebody else as the problem i was having was so severe i would not wish it on anyone
|

replied December 28th, 2008
Experienced User
Good for you then
' but i have managed to cure it myself, i realised it would do it more when i had less sleep and i was more fatigued but it hard to just have more sleep, i also realised i was feeling tired a lot as well, so my friend suggested i could be anemic, so i got some iron tablets(ferrous sulphate tablets--200mg) from the chemist and within a couple of weeks of taking 3 of these a day my eyes have improved so much, it is like a big weight has been lifted of my shoulders, hope this helps somebody else as the problem i was having was so severe i would not wish it on anyone '

Good for you then.

In my case and the others especially in terms of the Tardive Dyskinesia / medication-induced eyelid-twitching / eye-blinking which is much more severe and annoying, our conditions (based on my own experiences and both life and email feedbacks from the others having the like-illnesses), our conditions just considerably improved within 3 days' time on average upon applying that suggested acupuncture cure meant for non-brain-damage-related rapid eyelid-twitching / eye-blinking.

|

replied May 27th, 2009
Experienced User
Botox Medications : "Group seeks Botox warning following 16
Ugly Truths About Botox Medications

"Group seeks Botox warning following 16 deaths"

"Wrinkle drug reports showed toxin spread inside body after injection"

In terms of Botox medications / injections that I have mentioned before in my prior post, please consider the follow-up below :

"For your further information, Botox Injections are actually medical derivatives from Clostridium botulinum bacterium (which causes botulism) that have been intentionally abused before for the purpose of chemical warfare owing to its intense toxicity.

(Please look for the related medical reference weblink for Botox medications in the immediately preceding post above, thank you)"

and now, please consider the following weblink below :

(A msnbc.msn news report website reporting about the 16 deaths caused by the uses of Botox medications of which the main body contents have been subsequently deleted for commercial and political reasons by the authorities)

Next, apart from finding the 2 shocking headlines of :

"Group seeks Botox warning following 16 deaths"

"Wrinkle drug reports showed toxin spread inside body after injection"

the main contents of this report have just "gone missing" with the explanation :

" The page you are seeking has expired and is no longer available at msnbc.com."

Well, apparently the information carried by that news / report was "profitably undesirable / unfavourable / damaging" to the popular images of the Botox medications, and hence, they are deleted and suppressed by the authorities.

Now, let's consider the following naked truth : -

"Governmental monopoly", or rather tenacious grips on the health care industries

So, can anyone just tell me that how can such potentially deadly Botox medications and other possibly the other hazardous drugs be continually and unimpededly approved by the government-run Food And Drugs Administration (FDA), and then be widespreadly and pervasisvely promoted and marketed to the general public, and at the same time, with the actual medical facts of the deadly contents of such medications to be intentionally and insidiously withhheld from their buyers and consumers ?

And has the government been playing fair by doing this way ?

And the realistic goals of money-seeking and profit-maximisation at the expense of the health cares and human lives of the users of such deadly products / medications would actually make such a "policies" fully justified and warranted" ?
|

replied January 18th, 2013
Eye Twitching Relief
I had muscle spasms around my eyes several months ago when I was under a lot of stress. Even when reducing stressors and taking better care of oneself through diet, exercise, relaxation, and sleep, the symptoms of stress may take a few months to reduce dramatically.

What made the biggest impact to relieve my eye twitching was taking magnesium. I take 500 mg daily. I read the side effects for each medicine I was taking and saw that low magnesium levels in the body were a common side effect from proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) like Prevacid and Protonix (used to treat gastro-intestinal disorders such as GERD). Taking magnesium regularly while I'm on a PPI has alleviated the problem.
|

replied May 4th, 2013
My right upper eyelid has been twitching rapdily for several months and now my left upper eyelid has taken on a slow twitch which i fear will soon become as bad as the right. I admit I refuse still to completely stop my caffine since I have always drank caffine (coffee) and if anything I am healthier now than years ago (older so less partying and late nights-more sleep & less alcohol etc) I also work out and eat ok. I have an eye dr apt soon but I know they will tell me "Im tired & stressed" but I try to always get at least 7-8 hrs sleep and I do have a stressful job but I really can't stop working! I don't want botox but I don't know what to do! Its driving me mad plus i always have my eye makeup completely wiped off on the right eye because I have to hold my eye when it gets really bad! I also have been having headaches on and off if that could be part of it?
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....