My grandfather, 76-year old, currently living in dalian, china, is a 20-year high blood pressure and cerebral thrombus patient. His condition was relatively stable up until about a week ago (feb 01) when he suddenly had this stroke attack. He first felt that his left body is a little 'num' so he decided to take a nap. After he wakes up from it, he completely lost his eye sight.

My parents took him to a nearby hospital right away and the doctors x-rayed him. From the x-ray results, apparently this blindness is a direct result from cerebral thrombus. The visual nerve has been affected/damaged.

My question is, is there any effective medicine that we can use to deal with his blindness so maybe a few years down the road he could see the world again? Or maybe if you can tell me where to go to get help it would be great too! I love him very much and I am personally devastated by this.

I will highly appreciate any advice or help that you could provide. If your advice or help could lead to an substantial improvement of his condition, i'd like to reward you, too. If you need to see the x-ray, please feel free to email me and I will make sure you get it.

terry from canada
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2006
Noni - Amazingly Effectife As a Cure For High Blood Pressure
From sources believed to be totally reliable, it was reported that noni users have detected amazing results over the years. It is said to be effective as a cure for high blood pressure.

The ingredients and their healthful benefits explain noni increasing popularity in the united states of america
traditional polynesian healers have used the fruit of noni plant for thousands of years to address a variety of health disorders.

It is truly rare to find a pure product so comprehensive in its benefits and so rich in scientific validation.
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Cerebrovascular accidents causing posterior occipital strokes can lead to visual losses. With strokes recovery there are cases of slight vision recovery but odds are quite low. What is more important at this stage is that efforts should be ensured to prevent further damages with compliance to medications and management.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.