Does anyone know of a natural/organic sunblock product?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 8th, 2011
Below is the Environmental Working Group's list of the Top Organic Products providing very good sun protection:

1. Soleo Organics Sunscreen Organic chemical free sunscreen SPF 30+

2. Keys Soap Solar Rx Cosmetic Sunblock, SPF 30

3. SanRe Organic Skinfood Supple Sunshine - Rosemary & Lavender

4. Marie Veronique Organics Creme de Jour Tinted, SPF 30

The problem I have though with even "natural" or "organic" sunscreens is that most of them contain zinc, or other minerals that bioaccumulate in the body. I mean if your body can't expel zinc, then what does it do with cream filled with zinc that I cover my body with day after day?
I have been doing some research into natural sunscreens and found a product called Vie Du Soleil that is seriously all natural, organic, AND does not contain zinc or any of the other typical sunscreen ingredients. I don't know how it works, but it protected me from the sun fairly well during my trip to Mexico. I did forget to put it on my bum one day when I went snorkeling for several hours and boy was I in a world of hurt! But this cream is meant to heal sun damage as well as protect from it, and sure enough after slathering with it repeatedly my burn was gone in two days, with no peeling. I use it daily as a face and body cream. I get it at viedusoleil.com.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....