How the hell do I induce labor!!! I am 2 week's past due Dr. Will not induce and I feel like crap. Sex is not working and neither is spicy food. My 4 year old son keeps telling me I look like i'm gona pop. And to make thing's worse I have not slept in about a month.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2006
Supporter
Omg, I so know how you feel. With my first I went 17 days past due date.

What the hell are they waiting for? You must be having a boy!!!

Sorry girl, nothing worked for me!
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah I was a week and 4 days passed my due date...It sucks and I tried everything..Nothing worked finally I begged my doctor to induce...But the night I went in ..I was in labor already ..Who would have known :wink:
|

User Profile
replied February 2nd, 2006
Supporter
I was 11 days past due date, I was sposta be born on valentines, but I was born on th 25th. They told my mom if I want born by friday they were gonna induce her and take me out, but on thursday night (a couple days after her seeing doc) I decided I wanted to come out...

Thats what my mom tells me about me.. I find it kinda interesting.. Weird thing is thou, my oldest brother had the same due date as me but 5 years before me, but he was 3 days early (11th)

so maybe you will be lucky and your baby will decide to come out if you scare it out.. Lol
|

Experienced User
I'm really sorry, you must be so fed up with it.

You are induced if you are 10 days over due here in oz.

Sandy
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I thought it was dangerous to go past 2 weeks post due date. Have lots of sex and then walk around a lot!!!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I am not advising anyone to do this but my girlfriend has 4 kids, 3 of which were overdue. She swears by moving her couch. She said for everyone of them she moved the couch and the same day went into labor. Like I said I don't advise that because of the potential hazards but that's what she said worked for her.
|

Experienced User
Lol! A lady I work with, said that her grandma swears by mopping the floor. It is funny to hear how many "myths" there are, but hey, whatever works right?!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Sex sex and more sex lol!!! Unfortunatly hubby wont cause he afraid of my water breaking on him lol!! Try rasperry leaf tea as well ~good luck~
|

Extremely eHealthy
There are a hundred wives tales on how to induce labor. There's always caster oil....Yuck
|

Especially eHealthy
I've seen 1/2 cup of cod liver oil, 1/4 cup of orange juice and a scoop of ice cream work within 5 hours.

I was totally pessimisitc about the whole induce yourself until I saw my friend drink this concoction!!! Lol...The ice cream is to make the taste not so harsh...

She was 13 days past her due date when she drank the mix...She went into active labor later that day!!!

Sarah
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...