Is it possible that I have this? The symptoms of temporal lobe epilepsy mimic those of depersonalization, which I thought I had but the feelings of unreality occur very suddenly. Ive had a ct scan and bloodwork. Would it show up on this???

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 1st, 2006
Experienced User
I think your scan would have shown anything abnormal. I had an mri scan rather than a ct scan I was told the mri would show up everything. Thankfully all was ok. I think if you have been experiencing unexplainable tastes or smells that is a symptom of temporal lobe epilepsy.

If in doubt go back to your doctor and make sure.

Good luck

debs
|

replied February 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks, while I am actually awaiting an mri scan of the head and my physician said its not even needed, and he is 100% sure that I have anxiety and nothing else. He is very good, he's giving me an mri to put my mind at rest, which I know doesn't happen very often because of the money.

Thanks for the reply,

james
|

replied July 26th, 2009
temporal lobe dysfunction
You need to have whats called an eeg
|
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....